Conspiracy theories that are COMING FROM INSIDE THE FORUM!

Not sure yet.

There are alot of unexplained coincidences and I don’t trust the Chinese government one bit.

Here’s some food for thought.

I can’t vouch for the authenticity or reliability of this.

But it does make you think.

Zero Hedge is Tinfoil Hat Central.

So you saw this on Facebook then?

Look man I love weird shit and conspiracies, see the UFO topic, but this seems irresponsible to share unless it’s ironclad.

There are many, many valid reason to hate on the Chinese government. I don’t know why we need to make up another one.

You do know that scientists around the world have debunked this, right? I mean you could suggest that somehow China has convinced them all to go with the lie, but that would be even more crazypants than this.

Science is pretty cool. You should listen to scientists instead of passing along ridiculous, debunked, theories.

and wet markets are everywhere across the third world. I visited my kampung in the 80s our poorest relatives didnt have fridges and you dont leave raw meat around in tropical climates without them. If you want to stop wet markets then you need to electrify most of rural Africa and send them fridges until then well fed Westerners concerned about hungry non-Westerners eating anything they can need to understand what hunger is. Ironically perhaps some will in a few months time if our supply chains fail.

So, I was right for pushing back at you for that statement.

Dude, this has been completely debunked. Scientists can tell the origins of a virus and if it’s been weaponized or altered by humans. This hasn’t been.

More of the nonsense debunking:

Zero Hedge was a somewhat edgy yet good financial gossip site for a short while during the last crash, but went full bitcoin then libertarian then right wing and conspiracy theories and now its full on illumanti prisonplanet material.

Pretty much all there is to say about every conspiracy theory ever.

That’s a high bar to clear, one I suspect most links would fail here.

No. I don’t like Facebook. A pharmacist friend sent me this. [quote=“Menzo, post:7471, topic:145953”]
You do know that scientists around the world have debunked this, right?
[/quote]

No I don’t /didn’t.

I’ve been paying much more attention to the immediate effects of this on myself and people close to me, and not enough on educating myself on science to a level high enough to read all the documents, or vouch for various websites.

Like I said, food for thought.

No, but you would be for pushing back against this now. But I simply stated that China started this.

Which they did.

And you honed in on one line and sparked a debate over that, when I was actually talking about China’s manipulation of the situation now.

Which is a much more interesting discussion.

But if you want to defend the Chinese… shrugs

It’s not my theory. It is simply one thing that made me think.

Perhaps it is true.

Perhaps it isn’t.

I suspect we will never fully know the truth about this.

Sounds like a bunch of commie liberal claptrap to me

Certain people listening to scientists wanted us to get herd immunity… :s

When you lean into your racist conspiracy theory, you don’t go half measures do you?

This is bullshit, scientists have been predicting this kind of zoonosis from east asia for years, and I read that bat viruses tend to be particularly nasty customers when they make it to humans. There’s no need for conspitacy theories.

Again, not my theory.

But if you’re going to do anything, don’t do it half way.

Unlike our governments!

Fair enough.

Sure, you’re just asking questions. We all get it.

I do appreciate your total lack of taking responsibility for passing along debunked conspiracy theories.

I doubt it. I’m in lock down with 50 people, no-one with symptoms yet, all of us having travelled around the UK and there is alot of stupidity being voiced.