CONTROL - (Remedy Entertainment and 505 Games)

WHAT ok I’m sold

Only if his name is Roger Wilco.

and he’s full of malapropisms. I mean that’s enough for me.

It’s actually performing better than I expected on my 2060 equipped laptop with RTX on, but I’m not a 60fps or GTFO kind of guy. It’s comfortably staying above 30fps at 1080p. And that’s without the new drivers.

In-depth tweaking guide here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/control-graphics-and-performance-guide/ . Think I’m going to try maxing most stuff out and doing 1440p DLSS tomorrow.

How does it run on Pascal?

I am 1000% a sucker for the Remedy house style. I thought Quantum Break was a bit of a let down, but this one reminds me of Alan Wake, which I loved.

Great atmosphere—I’m already engrossed in this weird world, and I’m just an hour in.

Well, moments ago I rolled the dice on this. Hopefully the seller and code works out. I have a 2080 Ti. Also, I have not used Ebay in forever. I somehow had a five dollar coupon, so I paid only $15 for the Control game key. It also comes with a Wolfenstein Youngblood key, which I already own. If it all pans out, and I can transfer, I’ll be giving away Youngblood in the days to come.

Edit: It worked! $15 for Control seems a prett-tay good deal.

There’s some weird inconsistencies in the world-building, which might be deliberate, but I’m inclined to think at this stage are just sloppy. For instance, judging from the animation you apparently open the crates using psychokinesis, even before you unlock the power. And the redaction on the collectible memos makes no sense - redacting stuff that doesn’t seem sensitive and leaving exposed stuff that isn’t. Presumably it’s so that the memos are actually interesting to read, unlike actual heavily redacted documents, but it just comes across as dumb. I will say that some of the writing is pretty (deliberately) funny.

Hmm, I wonder how I can get a cheap copy. I was able to get WWZ and The Division 2 without a Ryzen/Radeon.

My key worked too. No issues!

John Linneman said you’ll get a comparison video today from them.

And there it is, thanks!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-control-console-face-off

Sounds like I’ll be fine on a PS4 Pro.

So I put an hour into this, and I’m really impressed by how well it runs with all of the RTX turned on. I’m on a 2080Ti and i7-6700k. GeForce Experience recommended I use DLSS to upscale to 3440x1440, but it works even great rendering to it natively. The reflections and shadow look amazing.

Gameplay wise, it’s got a very strange story that I am enjoying learning about in small bits. So far it’s a lot of exploring and some easy fights. Really quite enjoying this so far. But unfortunately, another game competing for my time between Witcher 3, Rebel Galaxy, AoW: Planetfall, and now this… ugh!

Is this a Epic store exclusive? Don’t think I see it on steam

EDIT: Ignore me. Wrong thread.

I really enjoyed playing through the first hour last night, but I am finding that the initial combat feels a little floaty and unsatisfying, especially after spending a lot of time with Remnant. Maybe it’s just the pistol. The world building and narrative are already a massive step up from the disappointing Quantum Break,

Yes, Control is currently an EGStore exclusive.

Yeah, the combat leaves a pretty terrible first impression, because you don’t have any powers, the initial enemies are very vanilla, and your gun doesn’t yet do anything special. It definitely improves a lot, though I doubt it’s going to end up being amazing

For a year, yes.

Man, I watched some gameplay of this last night and it was trippy as hell.