Cop Shooting Thread

I think it strongly depends on the writer. I’ve definitely read some NR articles that said Trump is a basically a shit demon.

Could be but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single piece from them that has anything positive to say about black people or black culture. In fact, National Review has been called out for that in the past. Well unless they are talking about the tiny fraction of black individuals that support Trump, then we’re back to pro-Trumpland again.

Oh wow. I thought crime was lowest in the late 90s and went up since then, but it’s actually lower right now.

I think Trumpists are unhappy that it isn’t higher. It makes them look bad.

If only they hadn’t been warned about it by… basically everyone when they started supporting the whole hate crime concept.

It literally doesn’t matter.

Gingrich straight up said so, literally. He said it doesn’t matter if crime is down, because they FEEL like it’s up.

I stand by my statement.

I wonder why they are all so scared. It’s as if someone was trying to scare them on a regular basis instead of giving them the facts. Oh well, guess it’s all a mystery.

Maybe there’s hope?

Officers used the badge to literally rob with impunity. But that seems less likely to be tolerated, as seen by the sentencing. One can hope that the growing pressure is going to start curbing misbehavior.

https://twitter.com/ScottGreenfield/status/995311791981973505

Also the idea that something that can get you arrested is flawed but they somehow have an NDA on it?

Also, also:

Kyle Moore, a spokesperson for Washington State Patrol said the police department “tested and approved the instrument that best fit our business needs,” and believes the device can produce accurate results without the breath temperature sensor.

Sure we skimped on the hardware, but we get to arrest more people so, whatever. I’m fairly sure “business needs” shouldn’t appear in a police organization referring to anything. You’re not a business.

I know someone who would disagree with you.

We had so much fun taking personal property from people who we never even bothered to charge with crimes.

A dime bag? Intent to distribute. We own your car.

It is much, much worse than that.

There are hundreds of stories just like that. I can’t believe civil asset forfeiture is still even legal. How has it not gotten to the Supreme Court yet? There is no way your stuff has fewer rights than you do.

That’s fucked. As much as I stick up for good cops, systemic problems have to be fixed and soon.

Or how about literally nothing? You have money? We think you are using it to buy drugs. Now it’s ours.

It’s kind of hard to talk about the problems if every question, every article, and every approach to the bad cops is followed by Blue Lives Matter, what about good cops, or libertard what do you know about protecting anyone.

We can’t have the conversation because the opposition appears to shut down any conversation that might suggest change is needed. We can’t even get to the part of what change is needed.

Yeah, the very act of possessing cash is a crime. A crime where you never go to court and the department gets new tactical gear.

Which I still find hilarious because conservatism used to be about making fun of people who thought the cops were the good guys and they would protect you. I guess Ruby Ridge and Waco are fine now. Or they’re bad cause it’s the Feds or something, local cops would never do anything bad they say as they watch Smokey and the Bandit and Tank and cheer for the guys dealing with corrupt local law enforcement.

The beauty of having no principles, is that it doesn’t matter if none of your actions are ideologically consistent. You can just do whatever you want.

Yeah, but sadly you have to be a stupid fuck.

I’d say ignorance is bliss, but they’re the most terrified group of pussies the world has ever seen, so not even that is an upside.