Cop Shooting Thread

It must be tough seeing every police report and deciding before hand that the cops are the bad guys. That doesn’t really make you any better than seeing every police report and deciding the victims were the bad guys.

What do you think when a cop pulls someone over and gets killed? He had it coming?

The problem with police and guns and mindless violence in this country goes way beyond automatically assuming one side is good or bad.

I agree - it definitely is tough. Wish I could assume the best of every officer involved shooting but evidence proves otherwise.

WTF?

What the hell is wrong with you?

I believe he’s mistaking my distrust of cops and their cover ups as a willingness to see cops die for some reason. It’s quite a stretch. I don’t want to see anyone gunned down unless it’s absolutely necessary. Cops, innocents, criminals not posing an actual threat, etc.

He’s not mistaking anything. It’s blind Blue Lives Matter mantra whenever someone even stops for a second to question a cop after decades, generations of police abuse and cover-ups that helped the public distrust the police as a group. Don’t believe me, look around and ask various precincts why they’re having trouble recruiting right now, why they’re on B-list candidates because they can’t hope to get A-list… this is a problem of their making, and they have to work, and work hard, to earn that trust back. They sure as hell are not going to do that if they become so defensive when someone’s initial response is distrust.

Distrust does not equal hope they die.

The police haven’t done much in the last 5 years to win anyone’s confidence.

Well, that’s that. Mystery solved. Police say the suspect shot the victim in the left arm while the trooper approached the driver’s side, firing into the vehicle.

Is this the right article. It doesn’t say anything about her being shot in the left arm resulting in her death.

You seem to imply by your posts that the police are evil and therefore deserve what happens to them, and that people who do harm to them probably are just protect themselves from the evil that is the entire law enforcement system.

Sorry, that’s what they said during the press conference. I listened because I’m all invested now.

A shot in the arm killed her? Or did they say it went through. I mean medical is complicated and just a flesh wound is a made up thing for movies, but they said she got shot in the arm and died?

Get a grip would you? @Rowe33 makes a post where he assumes every violent police act is literally murder and you ask WTF is wrong with me.

You can’t condemn every cop for what is obviously, statistically the acts of a few.

Then don’t assume that every cop is to fault, that every cop is evil, that every guy pulled over is innocent. We had a cop killed north of here a month or two ago by a guy he pulled over for DUI. The guy just shot him point blank. It doesn’t matter but it was a guy who had been deported three times. You smear his memory when you assume every cop is evil.

It’s a bit of a stretch to take my distrust of cops in general and assume I think they deserve to die in random traffic stop incidents. I would never say all cops are evil, just some of them. Evil + power + authority is a really awful combination though, especially when combined with the lies, coverups, and other bullshit that have been exposed. There’s quite a lot of corruption in the entire law enforcement system. To say otherwise would be to ignore reality.

I am responding to what you wrote which you knew was pretty fucking inaccurate.

When did I assume any of this? To clarify, I don’t blindly trust in the word of the police reports or police statements. I’m not sure how that means I assume every cop is evil, every suspect is innocent, etc.

Describe how it was innaccurate and what made your reply so freakin accurate. Then think about why you felt the need to jump into it.

Shot through the left arm, then the bullet lodged itself in her right torso. So the bullet came from the driver’s side of the vehicle, where both the trooper and the suspect were located.

You show me right now where someone actually said this:

It was a question asked to someone else. Get that. His post led to the question.