Coronavirus 2019

I would still be a little squeamish if I didn’t get 3rd shot. Saw a friend today and will see another couple Saturday though.

My pharmacy said next week for us. Just call and tell them your coming. Moderna.

Wow, I had no symptoms at all for the previous two Pfizer shots and my booster (received Monday afternoon) seemed to be going well. Sore arm for sure, I think because I slept on it, but other than that just a very mild and short lasting headache on Tuesday morning.

Around 4am this morning I got clobbered by the most severe bout of chills I’ve had in my life. They only lasted an hour or so but I couldn’t stop my teeth chattering and intense shivering all through my body. So much so it almost feels like I worked out yesterday, hah!

Feel fine this morning. I’m wondering if that reaction was to the booster or if it was the flu shot I got at the same time. I haven’t had one before, so no idea how I react to those!

I remember a number of people I know(and probably some here) reporting chills to this degree following their second Covid shots.

My wife also had severe chills after her booster (she’s team Moderna). I had my booster (and flu shot) on Monday, with just localized soreness in both shoulders, a stiff neck, and a nasty headache. 48 hours later, the shoulders are a little sore, but otherwise I’m pretty much back to normal.

Dose 3 didn’t hit me as hard as Dose 2, but the effects lasted longer. Basically slept 2/3 of the last day and a half.

I had this with my J&J shot in April, but it lasted from 10pm till 4am. My Pfizer booster last week was very mild, barely any reaction other than general fatigue.

Dang, dealing with that for 6 hours would have made me crazy. An hour of my body feeling like it was trying to shake itself apart was more than enough for me!

It was not good, and it hit suddenly while I was downstairs making some sleepytime tea, with a chill straight up my legs and into the rest of my body. It was really hard getting upstairs and into bed, but I made it. My wife, who had her first moderna shot that day, was fine.

I have scheduled my 11 year old for a vaccine this Sunday!

My experience with dose 2 (Moderna) was pretty awful and had severe chills which last most of a day, along with a really high fever. Dose 3 was much more mild, although I didn’t do the flu shot at the same time (I was tempted but didn’t want to push my luck).

I’m wondering if I should be worried that I had minimal side effects from the shots?

Pfizer #2 gave me a 3-day erection that lasted even though I’d satisfied every supposedly insatiable nurse at the site. If I get a Moderna booster, will I be at risk of priapic kewplowie?

I haven’t seen anyone suggest that personal reactions to the vaccines has any impact on their efficacy.

When I looked into it this spring, the info I saw was that there isn’t a correlation between symptoms from the shot and it’s efficacy.

Team Moderna here. Had pretty severe chills starting around 3:30 AM the night after I got my second dose. Booster - I had very slight chills for a bit the next morning (around 9 AM), but it was never uncontrollable chills and chattering of the teeth like after the second dose - I would have thought that was related to the booster only being 1/2 a dose of the second, but who knows.

My recent shingles shot gave me some of those chills in the night but not as bad as others are describing.

These conversations about side-effects help me be slightly less frustrated with vaccine resisters. Just like the needle/medical phobia conversation we had a while back. It’s nice to find a way towards more understanding and empathy now and then.

We just all enjoy personal anecdotes.

Why isn’t JMJ out there doing PSA for the vaccine?. All those Incel could be saved by a simple jab.

Incels hate their boners though.