Coronavirus 2019

If too many senators are sick, then you will fail to have a quorum.

As long as you don’t wish them dead, the Forum Morality Police will leave you be.

The Constitution defers to the chambers themselves on the rules for voting, it turns out, and says, basically “Those rules they set up for themselves are the rules.”

So yes, not explicit in the Constitution. But the House and Senate rules as currently written and accepted require physical presence.

Not sure how you’re scoping “anyone”, but Italy tested a a full village of 3000 people (Vo) twice.

The annoying part is that while they’ve released the numbers on the result of the testing, at least I have not seen the numbers on serious cases / deaths in that town. So we can’t really use the full coverage results from Vo to calibrate the partial coverage results seen elsewhere.

Ah, so Mitch better move quickly to change the rules.

I was replying to @triggercut’s post about the huge rise in US testing. I’m a 'murican, I want to know what the numbers look like here.

Remote voting should be a thing in times of national emergency. Here’s why it isn’t.

WTF? He’s just rambling off a bunch of numbers. I thought Pence was supposed to run this thing. And fuck him for calling it the “Chinese Virus”. Twice. C’mon reporters, call him out on this racist BS.

Yep its another shit show of Trump ramblings.

It’s amazing how Trump can’t just stand still when others are talking.

He’s so incapable of just listening he always sways around like a toddler.

Speaking from experience of being fat and in terrible shape, it’s real damn hard to suspend one’s enormous bulk without a little swaying. . . :P

Of course he couldn’t end the briefing without blaming Obama and then going on a wandering ramble.

Good to show that he’s on top of things by having to ask reporters which members of congress are in quarantine.

Maybe he was trying to floss?

My N95 mask gives great support to my nuts.

No one even knows what a ventilator is. Rinse and repeat.

Trump explaining that his government is too incompetent to be managing this crisis.

I love how he is bragging that companies are calling him to help rather than the government calling them. Yes, that’s because they recognized your utter failure of leadership and are trying to fill the void and do what they can. There have been stories about companies that can ramp up production but have been waiting for the government to put in orders.

I also love the line about how we’ve got to bail out the cruise lines because they were making so much money before the crisis. They were so profitable so of course we need to bail them out with taxpayer money!

In the short-term we have vote pairing. A senator can vote present as way of canceling out an opposing vote, of another senator who couldn’t be present. Of course that takes a certain amount of bipartisan cooperation.