Coronavirus 2019

Except Ron Swanson has a soul.

Interesting update in the City of Brotherly Love:

The problem is that of they incarcerate people, they risk making the jails into hotbeds of contagion.

Good idea, until it was publicized.

Welcome to Hamsterdam!

Exactly, I really don’t understand the point of publicizing it.

Thank God winter will be over soon. We’re getting snow tonight but should melt overnight.

But stealing TP is still a capital offense, right?

Silly problems, I can’t cancel my gym membership because the building has been closed for a week and there’s no way to do it online. I can’t dispute the charge because they ask for proof you tried to contact the company, but there’s nobody picking up the phone. I guess I’ll just eat it every month?

(Embarrassingly I actually hadn’t gone in 3 months anyway, literally zero times, so I should have cancelled long ago…)

That’s annoying, gyms just closed in Sydney and the one I joined announced that payments will be put on hold until they reopen.

Are you sure your gym will keep charging?

Jacinda Ardern just announced that in 48 hours, the time required to ensure that essential services are in place, NZ will require everyone stay at home.

Going hard is the only choice NZ has. Given our isolation we may be able to get ahead of this and get to where somewhere like Singapore has got.

Is it one of the soft “shelter in place” orders we’re seeing in parts of the US? Those are basically, “stay home, but you can still go out for groceries, medical stuff or work.”

Yeah, I believe it’s that, and will remain in effect for four weeks.

10chars

@MrTibbs

Thanks aeneas. I hope you’re holding up well. :)

@MrTibbs I got tested last week and was negative since im just back from the US but the news today is mildly alarming.

Similarly I hope everything is OK on your front.

If I’ve understood it correctly, all businesses other than essential services will be closed. So the vast majority of people will not be going to work unless they can work remotely from home.

VitalSource and Publishers to Provide Free Access to eTextbooks to Students Affected by COVID-19 Campus Closures

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4622524#ixzz6HTGTJ0PY