Coronavirus 2019

NPR’s reporting on it earlier said 2019 taxes if you’ve already filed them, 2018 if you have not. They didn’t specify any more detail than that, but that sounds to me like they would look for dependents on a return. How they would tell the age of the dependent? No idea. A lot of people claim their parents, or other relatives living with them.

Bummer that IBM finalized the Red Hat purchase last year. I think that probably pushed me over the limit. At least we are talking about adding reqs for our team and not laying off, so could be much worse.

This is pretty cool. A friend who has degrees in public health mentioned that he saw immediate application for portable air purification for hospital workers especially.

As an aside, this P&R forum is just about the most polite political forum I’ve seen on the internet. If someone is getting chased off the forum based on the levels of rancor it contains, they really aren’t meant for the internet at all. Perhaps in prior years when I didn’t much venture to this dark corner of the site things were far worse, but I really don’t see much of the oft mentioned toxicity of the P&R forum. Even the occasional vitriol is relatively minor in relation to the internet in general.

[citation and time machine requested]

No doubt they’re trying everything to support Dear Leader, but this one won’t work either. I mean it sounds great at first, then you realize the hospital apocalypse will still happen, just with people under 65. So your son will still die of appendicitis, an acute asthma attack, or some other acute, but totally treatable problem because he can’t get care.

Even the Federalist Pitchbot was amazed by that one
https://twitter.com/FederalistPitch/status/1242787312163053570

Actually - Federalist Pitchbot is being so far outdone by the actual right-wing that they are pretty much giving up

My county is going the way of things it seems.

This is after the local college students were out sunbathing by the river Monday. It was 90ºF here!

Good news department: Italy’s numbers (both new cases and deaths) are down again from yesterday and from three days ago.

Whether Italy’s lockdown was enough to stop spreading is yet to be seen, but at least increases seem to be becoming linear and not exponential, and with deaths lagging behind new cases (and Italy having under reported so heavily making the numbers unlikely to go down as fast) I think we can be hopeful they are managing to control this.

This is a very clear description of what’s in the bill, and if it is accurate, I think Democrats won the lion’s share of the negotiations.

Note that, among other things, the $1200 isn’t limited to people under $75k. The hard limit is $99k ($198k for couples), and there is gradually reduced payment between those two numbers.

And the unemployment boost is the real win, $600/wk for up to to 17 weeks…not nothing.

Small hint that Russia doesn’t have some sort of magical Coronavirus shield.

Yeah, the unemployment is the best part and gets to the people who are going to need this most. I hope that part at least will kick in immediately, otherwise there’s going to be a lot of people not making rent here shortly.

from FB
“Trump wants the churches full by Easter. This is a full church in Lombardi, Italy.”

I agree and believe we need to create “QT3 Twitter Bot” that would allow us QT3 denizens to upvote a post and if enough people agreed with this, it would be released into the wild as a tweet.

On the plus side, we’d be spreading rational thinking, on the downside, Tom may wear out his keyboard and patience from banning all the trolls that come here to fight.

I am serious that the posts here are awesome and I want to share them with the world, I just don’t know the right way to do that.

We all know (I think) that this started in china. The ilnnes is not called “China Virus” or any version of that. Maybe Wuhan Virus has some weight to it.

Trump called it “China Virus” because is a idiot, and because is a a racist.

Labelling a virus “the gay virus” or “the christian virus” only hurt people, because make them less watchfull. “I am not gay, so I can’t get AIDS”. It also generate hate from the society against this group of people. is STUPID because it hurts the people doing the namecalling, and the people targeted by it.

Yes, the CCP and the people of china have some responsability to this, but also we have to admit that western countries are making this worse because our societies are old and filled with shitty people and we are not up to the task. We need to do a better work, elect better people, have better education.

Trump is going to fill stadiums with his fans, quiet fans, in wooden casquets