Coronavirus 2019

Ack, who got tested because she now has a fever?

Katie did.

54 minutes late and it looks like today’s clown and scientist show is about to start. Dr. Fauci is thankfully present.

Be careful of this one guys, he’s evil, pure and simple from the eighth dimension. And he will absolutely fuck your pizza.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Idiot conspiracy theories that are COMING FROM INSIDE THE FORUM!

For my own mental health, I have banned myself from watching any more Trump speeches on this virus.

That’s why the pizza boxes are stacking up.

Fuck me he is such a lieing sack of shit.

At least today he was able to do something he has vast experience in.

Bragging about the size of his package (ba-dum-tss).

Of course now I worry it’s not really $2.2T in size.

He said that he was against stock buybacks when Democrats were for them. I almost spit.

Enjoy.

Is normal for humans to rally around leaders in times of trouble.

Is also normal for humans to attack leaders when everything is shit, no matter if the leader is the cause or not.

Remember when we had all those investigations and spent all that money to determine that Clinton did nothing wrong when 4 people died in Benghazi?

Back to work, people - no matter the cost in life.

Nobody knew that the Olympics are in even years…important info that needs to be communicated to the American people during this crisis.

Dr. Fauci is a skilled diagnostician. He successfully diagnosed the bullshit behind some right wing reporter’s attempt to smear the WHO and blame China and had none of it. A small bright point in today’s coronavirus task force circus.

Ecuador’s numbers today.

And manpower. There are a lot of roads between states and shutting down interstates makes everything grind to a halt.

Alaska is unique in that it shares no borders with another state, so you can make airports and ports the check points. Canada is an international border, but also one unlikely to be an issue.

Now look at say, Illinois. There are hundreds of side roads from every direction. On top of one of the busiest airports on the planet. The Illinois Highway Patrol is 1600 troopers. It couldn’t be done.

And that’s a state with a massive river buffering one of it’s flanks.

I’ve always enjoyed the concept of the Waffle House Index:

Time to determine if perfect is the enemy of the good, AOC. Not exactly sure how House members would even get back to DC - if I were Pelosi I wouldn’t dare force them into airports and onto planes.

takes head in hands

This news, combined with the news about the GOP senators objecting to the extended unemployment benefits part* of the current relief bill, is making me despair.

*based on the idea that it’ll make people quit their jobs for that sweet unemployment moolah, ignoring the fact that PEOPLE WHO QUIT THEIR JOBS DON’T GET UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. JEBUS TAP-DANCING CRIPES!!!

Towns and cities had such cordon sanitaire in the past, I think it’s plausible in modern times also.