Counterpart: A parallel world spy thriller

It’s a great show, but I disagree. I thought they did a good job wrapping things up.

It does make me wonder what JK Simmons is working on now ;)

Yeah, I get that it was sort of a wrap up in which the bad guys won so rather unsatisfying.

I also just saw it was up on prime. Worth digging into?

Absolutely. It’s brilliant.

It’s really good. it’s also a pay-a-lot-of-attention type of show. I don’t think because it’s intentionally obtuse, but there’s a lot of things going on.

That, and everyone has doubles.

Oh yeah lol. And then they mix from different universes!

And setting it in Berlin was a stroke of genius.

Really enjoying the first few episodes! So far it seems like a more grounded Fringe.

And, Simmons is absolutely terrific.

Have watched the first four episodes of this and I agree it’s great. I am looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

A fascinating show. More like that one please. With the same cast k thx baiee!

Finished S1 finally and I think I’m through with this. It’s ok but even JK Simmons is failing to really hook me. I’m starting to really hate how episodic shows drag stuff out and take forever to resolve plot lines. Maybe I’m turning into a movie guy!

I started watching this and was really enjoying it, other than not understanding the German dialog and no sub titles.

Amazon it’s pretty bad with subtitles in general. English isn’t my native language and I like having he subtitles there in case I miss something, and unlike Netflix for example, an Amazon doesn’t always have them.

Not having subtypes for a foreign language is taking it to the next level of bad service.

I think that sometimes there weren’t subtitles and you were supposed to glean what was meant from context, at least for shorter exchanges. Obviously for longer dialogue there should be, though.

So you’re watching with English audio and closed captioning? Maybe that’s why the German subs aren’t showing up. Strange.

Yes I’m watching with English closed captions. Right now Baldwin is at the cemetery, listening to a very long and emotional eulogy for Nadia, and I’m pretty sure the audience are meant to understand it. How frustrating.

you gotta pick English for hearing impaired SDH if available. I too, have trouble hearing English. In mixed language things it is a PITA because many times they won’t CC the English parts.

This. I’ll try to fire it up here soon and see if it’s available. Of course, what’s available here in the US may not be available everywhere.

Watched another episode today. No subtitles at all this time, other then a single lonely occasion of German translation.

Amazing tech.

I just binged the first season and loved it every step of the way. It was like custom-made for my tastes.

What’s the Qt3 verdict on the second season? Does it tell a satisfying story, or is it just buildup that never pays off due to the cancellation? Ie. will watching it just break my heart? :)

I thought it worked out very well. I mean, they could have built future seasons, they left a little room open for that. But all the major storyline and themes got wrapped up just fine. I suspect they were told they weren’t getting renewed and made sure to do that.

That said, a major component of the second season is the global pandemic they talked a bit about in the first season. That might be a bit, uh, uncomfortable.