Cover Songs

Little Feat was awesome, up to the point that everyone else (sans George) decided they’d rather be in Weather Report.

Love the original and thought this was a pretty cool cover

They do some Rage Against that is also good

I’ve been on a Van Halen kick lately; boy did they do covers. Good ones.

Diver Down has a few more tasty covers on it.

I just heard this on the radio for the first time in a couple of years.

To paraphrase Bonnie Raitt, I miss Joe Strummer more than I miss being 8 years old.

You just reminded me of my favorite Gary Numan cover:

And then there’s this. One day I’m gonna make it through watching this without getting enormously emotional about Plonk and Mac being gone.

My other favorite version of “On Broadway”.

I didn’t know you dug Faces, Trig.

My favorite cover of theirs. I bought this album on vinyl. The sound was freaking amazing.

Brandi Carlile covering a old Elton John song. Love the song and love this version.

This thread needs more love.

Because have spent this weekend on the seemingly unending treasure trove that is the music of Pugwash/The Divine Comedy/The Duckworth-Lewis Method…

…here’s a song that inherently presents dangers to even think about covering. And yet, there’s Thomas Walsh and Neil Hannon giving it what for. (There’s a reason Jeff Lynne is a Pugwash fan…)

Nice! Loved that.

I’m not familiar with anything by The Divine Comedy etc. save for Gin Soaked Boy which I recently discovered, much to the knocking-off of my socks. Such a great song.

Here’s a cover! I’m back on topic!

Like literally going down the Divine Comedy/Pugwash rabbit hole is discovering “Oh hey, here’s like 15 albums worth of completely great songs that you didn’t know much about.” So great! Love Gin Soaked Boy!

Meanwhile, to stay on topic…

How about two covers of the same Bee Gees song?

No, not from the disco years. From their 1960s years. :)

First, to follow a thread, Pugwash doing In My Own Time…

And then the Three O’Clock’s version:

The National (not really) takes on Frasier.

So, what’s the best Insane Clown Posse cover do you think?

It’s a cover of another Malayam rock band, does that count?

I prefer this to the Metallica version

and of course, any version is better than the Imagine Dragons, but these guys turn up in my youtube mixes when i listen to Chinese folk and I really like this

Their version of Sun Quan The Emperor is great too, as it has the added bonus of no vocaloid vocals.

Keep Shelly In Athens did a cover of Don’t Fear the Reaper that I don’t hate:

Sidney Gish covering Jackson Browne’s Somebody’s Baby as part of the Animal Kingdom splits with Cavetown.