Cover Songs

Here in all of its 18-minute glory, is Donna Summer’s excellent disco cover of MacArthur Park. I need to listen to the entire Suite though, so here it is:

I’m not a big fan of disco, but her voice here just makes me … swoon, I guess. Guys can swoon right? Or is there a better word? If anyone can help me here, it’s probably gonna be @John_Many_Jars.

Guys can swoon — it happens in Arthurian literature all the time.

But my intuition is that what Donna Summer’s voice actually does for you here is melt the druzy ice in which your dick and nuts have been frozen, freeing them to scamper and bound across springtime meadows.

I knew you would not let me down!

Here’s a cover song

This is a cover of an old Ike and Tina song

This is a Cream song that I think George Harrison co-wrote

This is a Cole Porter song

And this really is a serious soul cover of the Black Sabbath song Changes:

70s Robert Palmer does the Kinks as funk, and it fucking works

Hadn’t thought of this one in years

This is a Hanoi Rocks cover done with synth

This is a Rainbow/Dio cover done as a very quiet, ethereal, lonely meditation

Better than the original.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Like this version better than XTC’s.

Fun fact - I work with a woman who is a dead ringer for Ellen Reid.

Thanks for posting this @forgeforsaken. I heard it on our college radio station in the car but didn’t catch who performed it.

RIP.

First time I heard that cover, though, I got chills. So, so good.

Potty Mouth covers St. Vincent’s Hang on Me

3TEETH covering Foster the People’s Pumped Up Kicks

My recent obsession is this fabulous French version of Deep Purple’s “Hush”

Last year Radical Face released Covers, Vol 1: “Lady Covers”. A number of them were of originals right in the Radical Face wheelhouse such as Jolene, Video Games and Nothing Compares 2 U so are played pretty true to the original. The one that is my favorite is Ode to My Family.

He also does a more somber version of Cyndi Lauper’s The Goonies R Good Enough that is excellent.