Create Your Own Year-End Awards 2017

Devs that keep on giving: the Trese Bros.
Been playing Templar Battleforce for over a year, spread over multiple little sessions: each time the game got significant upgrades, and during any session, they will improve little things here and there almost weekly.
Runner-up: Killerfish games for Cold Waters.

Game that I regret playing a year too late: Stephen’s Sausage Roll.
Labelling it as a puzzle game does this wonder a disservice: it isn’t a game about reverse-engineering some arbitrary contraption; it isn’t a game for programmers in denial of their workaholic condition. It is a game rewarding our natural, human, curiosity.

Game that I regret playing a decade too late: Bayonetta.
At least I got to play it.

Game that is going “wush” over my head so far: Night in the Woods.
If this is something people can relate to, I don’t understand: the depiction of a society constituted of nihilistic wise-asses with no contrary voices was chilly… as chilly as what I read when I end up reading somebody’s linked Twitter thread.

Biggest Wallet Threat: Matrixgames
I don’t know what were those old maths they were rambling about sales not being worht it before they went berzerk on that front, but I know 1/4 my yearly gaming budget went into their pockets.

Best Daily Read: Chrono.gg’s daily sales pitch.
The guy has been going at it all year long, every single day. There are hit and miss (and sometimes a bit of jerkness: that SW:TLJ spoiler wasn’t nice…), but wow, I am amazed that that crazed word-well hasn’t dried up yet!

Best in-game tunes that drove my wife crazy: Bottom of the 9th’ opening song.