Cube World - The new Minecraft?

Didn’t find any threads on this interesting looking game, so thought some folks might like to know about it:

https://picroma.com/

Some of the video’s look great, and it seems to have decent potential, certainly one to watch.

Search harder, stronger, faster, better (second page)

:P

The thread for Cube World is here.

It’s only real connection to Minecraft is the visual style, btw. One of these days someone will start a thread called “Cube World - Zelda meets procedurally generated Everquest,” which would be more accurate.

Right. So when WILL someone actually make a minecraft like game with a great procedural adventure engine? Or add AI miners/builders, ala Dearf Fortress.

My guess is that AI pathing for a 3D environment is not there yet.

I’m curious to see when someone will create a Minecraft clone with a more sophisticated physics engine. My kids have been having great fun playing iPad games like “Cut the Rope” or “Casey’s Contraptions”, and they’re always frustrated when they want to create similar Rube Goldberg devices in Minecraft, only to see that the physics extend to certain blocks (sand, gravel) falling straight downwards.

Procedural adventure engine? I suppose when someone succeed in doing a procedural story with procedural characters, quests, etc. Which is way above a procedural world.