"Curb Your Enthusiasm"

How about Hitler? What are your feelings on Hitler?

A genius. Sure, he was into genocide, but so was Shih Huang Di and Ghengis Khan. Alexander the Great was no great saint. Have I mentioned the indians indigenous to North, Central and South America?

Funny, I have the exact same problem with my husband. I love the show, but he won’t watch it – says Larry’s machinations and quandaries are too annoying and frustrating. Though he doesn’t actually use the words “quandaries” and “machinations”, because there can only be one Little Miss Smarty Pants in the household and that position is already filled.

The mother of all necros! Arise!

Seriously, this was the official Curb Your Enthusiasm thread apparently and for the last 22 years the show has seemingky just been mentioned randomly in other threads. I also found a season-specific thread for one season.

Anyway, the final season of Curb Your Enthusiasm has started, and after the end of episode two I have to wonder does this show’s final scene end just like Seinfeld? Had people loved the Seinfeld finale I wouldn’t think so, but it would be a very Larry David thing to replicate it since people generally hated how Seinfeld ended.

Anyway, I’m enjoying this season well enough. I used to feel the same way about this show that the last poster in this thread’s spouse did. It was frustrating watching Larry dig a hole and then just dig deeper and deeper trying to get out of it. Nowadays I guess I’ve accepted it and just enjoy trying to figure out how each bit of setup will come back to bite him.

Nice! We do have a thread for this show!

This show is one of the greats. I had the same feeling at the end of episode two, as I imaginw many fans did. Maybe he is just teasing it? Its pretty funny that in this show he gets a year for help8hg someone, wheb in seinfeld it was for not helping someone.

After about the 6th or 7th season, I started fearing that a new season of Curb would disappoint me, as have most shows that have gone past that point.

But I imagine the long breaks between seasons have worked in this show’s favor, giving the writers and actors time enough away that they don’t get to the point where they’re dialing it in. This show has been consistently funny and still occasionally surprising, 20 + years later, so I’m looking forward to this season!

“Real life” Larry David has been making the interview rounds recently and has gotten himself in some “TV” Larry David trouble choking Elmo on live TV while Elmo was talking about depression.

This new season started out a bit rocky for me, but picked things up in episode 2,3.

There was a scene where they oddly chose to highlight a service worker who had his mother pass away recently, and that was an excuse for him being slow at waiting tables?

“Why didn’t he take the day off?”

Because he can’t? He doesn’t get paid then? Do you know how other people live? If anything blame the restaurant owner. The disconnect between Larry David’s circle and the typical working class person felt really strong there. Usually in the show, it is someone deserving, like personally doing something wrong, but this guy just had a dead mom and was working a bit slow? Weird choice to make where it is not very clear who you are supposed to empathize with.

They also had him get into it with the housekeeper, but that was much more of the standard Larry David stuff, where he didn’t understand the unstated social contract, and the 10 dollar tip flying into the toilet was just great.

Season moved on pretty quickly from that back to more hijinks between the rest of his friends, and I think that the whole storyline of him unwittingly becoming a liberal icon without really trying is a good concept that I am sure is going to explode in his face in a really funny way.

Honestly every season of Curb has been consistently excellent, and this one is also excellent, so far at least. I can only think of one season that was a bit shaky, and even it was pretty solid overall.

The Hollywood Reporter and other outlets are reporting that superneurotic Richard Lewis passed away following a heart attack. I’m glad he was able to show up all those times in Curb; this obit notes that Richard and Larry David were born in the same hospital three days apart. RIP.

He definitely looked pretty rough in the latest appearance on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Speaking of, this week’s episode dropped a huge hint that my theory on the finale will be correct, or at least that they’ll do something with it. Specifically, there was a conversation where the Seinfeld finale was explicitly brought up. It was almost so on the nose that I’ve started to doubt that he’ll actually have it end as exactly like Seinfeld as I’ve been expecting.

I managed to somehow avoid ever watching an episode of Curb Tour Enthusiasm up until recently.

I finished Season 1 in a week and it’s such a fabulous, soft, witty show. Highlights were ‘beloved *unt’ and the final scene of season 1 where Larry’s uncle runs into the woman from the victims of incest group which had me in tears of laughter.

Going to take a break for a while but wow.

You got plenty of great show to catch up on!

You are in for a treat. I like your idea of taking breaks between seasons. Take your time and savour.

I AM WEAK. Just finished Season 2. I love that little smile Larry David does to himself that feels like breaking character

Where does character Larry end and real Larry begin?

I can imagine that this is a question everyone in his life has been asking themselves for decades :D

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david

The show is now completely over. End of an era!

I enjoyed the finale. The series has been past its prime for awhile now, but it’s so fun to watch larry and co do their thing I enjoyed every season.

The season plot arc about his trial made it obvious, but I did enjoy the last episode being essentially a riff on the Seinfeld finale that he has gotten shit for over the years.

Truly a Larry move - “You hated the way Seinfeld ended? Here, have some more.”