"Curb Your Enthusiasm"

Anyone who has HBO, liked Seinfeld, and can find it, must watch this show. Written by and starring Larry David, writer and co-creator of Seinfeld, this show is hilarious. It is Seinfeld with naughty words. I laugh outloud more in one 30 minute episode of CYE than I do during a whole week of network sitcoms. Granted, that is not a difficult task.

Best. Sitcom. Ever.

It really does get funnier every time.

Agreed.
True Story.

My brother and his wife went to the Paley TV Festival at the Directors guild in LA this year to see a presentation about “Curb Your Enthusiam” (the Paley Festival is open to the public, and includes the stars of many different shows).

As he was going into the restroom, he saw Larry David almost go into the women’s restroom. My brother continued into the Men’s room. Larry came into the men’s room, and looked really embarrassed. He saddled up to the urninal nect to my brother. There were some “hollywood” types gaping at the fact that Larry was pissing with everyone else, but they stood back and did not dare talk to him. My brother, a regular guy, said to Larry “hey, saw you almost went into the ladies room”. Larry turned to him, and created a completely Seinfeldian/Larry David moment by saying. “Yeah…what do you think of these automatic flushing toilets…I don’t like 'em”. He then proceeded to move his hand up and down in0front of the automatic flusher-eye, trying to make it go. My brother said it was just like an episode of the show.

I have HBO but never watched an episode. From these reviews, I need to try harder.

-DavidCPA

It is a funny show. Lots of cameos by Seinfeld stars too. And for all the patterns you can pick up after watching it a bit and getting to the point where you can kinda predict what’s going to happen, the show does manage to keep you guessing on whether it’s going to end with Larry ‘winning’ or ‘losing’ the scenario. Usually he loses, but every now and then he gets to win. Arliss is like that too. So was Al Bundy.

I think a lot of the dialog his improvised. You can pretty much see where everything is going to go and go wrong for Larry. The getting there is the fun because of the creativity and intelligence of the show’s stars and guest stars. Richard Lewis frequents the show and, like him or not, he is good on this show.

BTW for those who have not seen it, Larry David plays himself living in L.A. Some of the shows are “showbiz” oriented, however, the majority are just simple, annoying life occurences that Larry and most of us have to go through at one time or another.

One episode he had a flat tire and was simply standing on the sidewalk, in front of his car trying to get help. The one liners he threw at passersby to try to enlist that help were wonderful.

Just another one of those shows that you watch, say “I don’t get it,” get the wow-you’re-a-complete-idiot look, and shrug your shoulders. As far as I can tell, after stomaching to watch it, that it sucks. Sorry, but it does. Hell, I liked Seinfeld better than this, and I didn’t even like it that much.

Can’t put my finger on why though. If I wanted to watch pointless TV, I wouldn’t be watching pointless TV. Maybe I haven’t joined the cult yet, I dunno.

— Alan

Arliss is like that too.

You might want to catch this week’s Arliss as it makes a couple of good points amid the comedy.

-DavidCPA

You must not watch much televison because I believe the vast majority of it is pointless. However, if you did not like Seinfeld then it is easy to see why you did not like this. I did warn everyone about that eventuality in my original post, however. :)

You must not watch much televison because I believe the vast majority of it is pointless. However, if you did not like Seinfeld then it is easy to see why you did not like this. I did warn everyone about that eventuality in my original post, however. :)[/quote]

Not the majority of stuff I watch. I try not to watch crap.

— Alan

Did anyone watch last night’s episode after The Sopranos went off?

Larry David, caucasian extraordinaire, talkin’ shit and rap lyrics with a gangsta’ rapper made me nearly wet myself.

“I think you should change that ‘mother fucker’ at the end to ‘bitch’. You said ‘fucker’ already and you don’t need it twice. ‘Bitch’ would be better.” :lol:

Not quite the same typed out, I admit, but anyone who saw it surely found it as amusing as I did.

All the blunt oral sex talk caught me off guard (for some unknown reason), but was equally hilarious.

Crazy Eyes Killer
Crazy Eyez Killer
Crazy Eyez Killah
Crazy Eyes Killah

None of those names listed? OK, thanks.

I caught a few minutes of it. It hasn’t caught my interest enought to watch an entire episode, but it was funny when he asked the rapper, “Are you my caucasian?”

I have caught a few episodes of the Mind of the Married Man. For some reason it does catch my interest. All of the men are married to very attractive, sexy woman and all they want to do is to flirt/screw/kiss some other woman.

-DavidCPA

A wise friend of mine once said, “If your favorite ice cream is vanilla and you have it every day, eventually, you want a little chocolate.”

CYE must be a love it or hate it thing. I luv it.

So what you’re really saying is that you are secretly gay.

I am in love with Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I can easily see it not being for everyone–like my wife, who practically runs out of the room the second it starts cuz she can’t deal with it.

In some ways, it reminds me of Faulty Towers, in that it can just be painful and exhausting watching him go through what he goes through every week. I can’t get enough of it, but my wife just finds it grating and depressing. Maybe because he reminds her of me. :)

Hehe…it is often uncomfortable watching the situations into which he puts himself. My wife and I try to pick out the little bits that are going to come back and bite him in the ass by the end of the episode. It is relatively easy, but occasionally one catches us offguard and it is that much funnier.

Last night’s was one of my favorites. The guy that played ‘Crazy Eyes’ was dead on. Those craaazy rappers.

On second thought, it’s no Fox’s David E. Kelly’s Girl’s Club.

My wife and I both like Curb Your Enthusiasm…

If you want to talk about a show where the guys are married to intelligent, attractive women and then still wander, there’s “The Mind of the Married Man.” Ugh. I’ve seen two episodes and the nicest thing I can say about it is “better than Arliss…”

Heh – DavidCPA was just saying good things about that show. :)

Curb Your Enthusiasm isn’t really for me – but, I’m not usually overly fond of Seinfeld, either.

The Mind of the Married Man is interesting, I’ll give it that. I’ve only seen it a couple of times, but it’s…Well, interesting. Don’t know that I like it, but I don’t hate it, either.