Cutting-edge door technology from the land of the rising sun

Apologies if this has already been posted:
http://tinyurl.com/bojnt

That. Is. AWESOME!

Bad ass.

How exactly does it work though? I cant read azn.

It looks like the blinds must split down the middle and retract into the wall, but only enough to make room for the object at their height. Freaky.

Is this a joke? I can’t read the blurb.

It just seems like a pointless complication of a design that’s been working well for quite a while now. Is there a given reason on the website why you’d want this, cos I can’t really think of one?

Because its fucking cool damn it.

My god, first it was folding shirts, now it’s going through a door. Is there any incredibly mundane activity that the Japanese can’t find some ingenious new expression for? Those people are way ahead.

They say it makes it harder for insects, pollen, and other things from outside to get in. Also that it maintains the temperature of the house better, since less air is getting out.

Gav

but look at the picture of the garage. it can’t be doing that, the walls aren’t nearly wide enough.

How does it know!?

That’s not a photo, so maybe the garage walls to either side of the door would have to be really wide. Or maybe they slide upwards (it looks like it in that picture). Or maybe they’re flexible and they coil or bend. Dunno.

but look at the picture of the garage. it can’t be doing that, the walls aren’t nearly wide enough.[/quote]

Maybe it telescopes in on itself in part, thus requiring less side wallspace. Regardless, I hope you didn’t want a wall switch or anything near the door.

They say it makes it harder for insects, pollen, and other things from outside to get in. Also that it maintains the temperature of the house better, since less air is getting out.

Gav[/quote]

Makes some sense I suppose, but still seems a little like over-kill. I’d like to see it in action. What happens if you turn sideways while standing in the doorway, or throw a football at it? Or a dog or a large bird (although you might not throw those two).