Cyber Knights: Flashpoint, new game from Star Traders devs.

There’s a new game out in Early Access from Trese Brothers games (Star Traders: Frontiers). It’s being discussed a little bit in the Star Traders thread but I’m creating one here to make it searchable and easier to find.

Big price increase over all their previous games. Especially for EA. I’ll just wait for more updates and a substantial sale before trying.

Bought it yesterday, because I can’t think of anyone with better support for their games than the Trese Brothers. I’m pretty sure this will be super awesome to play, so I bought it already to support them, but I’ll wait a bit before playing.

I never could figure out Star Traders (on my iPad). It seemed like I should like it, but it was pretty much totally opaque.

I purchased it yesterday and played about 10 minutes or so. I do not like the character art at all. Not a big deal as far as my playing the game; just not able to create what I would personally consider cool looking cyberpunk characters.

I died in the tutorial right away because I am not sure how to get off the floor to end the mission. I will figure it out sooner or later I hope.

Man I feel a bit dumb, I had this on my wishlist and back a few weeks ago when I posted about it about to come out I didn’t realize it was coming out in EA.

Oh I backed this during KS!

As expected, the Brothers are working hard on banging this into shape. As of the 21st, we’re on the 5th update already.

Still needs a while to ripen, though.

Personally, I found the controller support to be really, really bad, I am afraid.

But yeah, I kickstarter this, and is content to wait for a bit to let it become better and better, as Trese Brothers games tends to do.

They look like they are made out of play-dough - weird design choice.

Launching up against Lamplighters League is a brave call!

I don’t think it’s a design choice. One of the brothers is the artist for all their games and he just can’t do people. They are all fugly as hell. Their previous game had the same issue though it was 2D art. It really is a turn off.

Since it is Trese Brothers AND the game looks like Invisible Inc blended with Phoenix Point and a sprinkle of looter shooter procedural, for sure, the purchase is a given.

What is Star Frontiers up to now, like, the 250th patch? I began playing close to the beginning. It already felt like a full game. I return to it, and the “new stuff” is bewildering at first, but then, the game is a complex one. I hope and expect Cyber Knights will follow similar lines.

250 is a rookie number! Update 325 was released August 27th.

This idly just made me think of TF2 and wonder what the count is with that one.

Seems rough still and especially the character art is becoming an issue. It was way less pronounced with their 2d work but the models are often hideous. The gameplay though is fun so far.