Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

This is true. But what @TurinTur brings up is valid, I think. Much of what needs to be changed impacts the main pillar of the game, the storyline and V’s path. In particular, one of the game’s most glaring weaknesses, the lack of any sort of faction or reputation system to tie together all of the different gangs and players, who it is implied though not implemented that they have their own agendas, priorities, and what not, can’t be fixed I don’ think without fundamentally changing the game world and affecting V’s choices and options relative to the main quest. Not, at least, without further compartmentalizing the main quest line from the rest of the world.

The game is the unholy amalgamation of an open-world sandbox with severely underdeveloped or broken components and a linear, narrative-driven story RPG with severely underdeveloped or broken components. The flashes of brilliance in both areas are enough for folks like me to put in a ton of hours, but ultimately neither part of the game really works, nor does the unified whole.