Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Pre-order refunded!

I have my negative Steam review all written up in Notepad and ready to go.

Same here, I have avoided as much as I can about this game. So ready for it!

No mister, no matter how many rabbits you pull out of your arse, you can not fanboi those execrable technical and artistic deficiencies away!
:p

I found myself changing my plans for my first playthrough. With RPGs in which I can choose my character origins and traits, I tend to keep my thoughts about the RPG in the back of my mind to see which character “takes form” in there. My initial idea was to play as an honorable nomad in CP 2077.

But the character that grew in the back of my mind - a pragmatical “ghost” female V, focused on blades, stealth, and bikes - would fit much better in a corpo origin, so that’s where I’ll go. Wish me luck! ;)

I’ll probably leave my male paladin-ish nomad V for a second playthrough if it ever comes to that. ;)

Do we have any idea how this current version of the game is shaping up on PS5/XSX? Any idea what the Next Gen version is going to have that Old Busted version isn’t?

EDIT: This was worded poorly and may have been unclear. What I’m referring to is the “Next Gen” version of the game coming out later. Any idea what it will be adding/doing different?

Well, they briefly showed the game on XBX/XSX.

And the more I look at my sshot, I notice the total lack of vehicles on the road. It’s getting worse!

Come on, everyone does stealth first in an action RPG!

I think I’ll use a pistol since I generally dislike the assault rifle types in these games. Bad memories of boredom from ME2.

I prefer stealth never.

Cyberstealth ninja hacker all the way!

I would love if there’s a pacifist option like the Deus Ex games but I’m not holding my breath.

I’ve seen roads that have that pattern when drying after a rain; each segment ends at an expansion joint; the road is tilted slightly towards the joint; one side of the road dries faster than the other. Unprecedented road drainage physics modeling!

Yeah, that’s what I was sort of getting at without having any examples to pull from, but some sort of repeated pattern/texture could well be something that makes more sense when you are up close and seeing it. The guardrail shadows seem to be a separate (and accurate) thing, which frankly is impressive at that distance.

I felt the same way actually playing the Witcher 3. They have been on an insane trajectory every since the original Witcher.

I think I will let the lamp post shadows slide, but at the first sign of knobby knees I am right out.

Stealth in an action-y RPG can vey very satisfying, if the progression and rewards are done properly. That is, usually rewards (gear, abilities, that sort of thing) are heavily biased towards weapons and offensive/doing damage skills or powers. It’s easy to satisfy you with a wicked cool sword or gun, or the ability to remotely explode people. Harder to offer something as exciting that fits a more pacifist or non-lethal approach. Deus Ex had a lot of cool abilities that were not purely destructive, so that worked pretty well, but a lot of the coolest stuff was still pew pew focused.

Yeah, it seems to be a common thing they’ve painted onto their infrastructure in this city! ;)

Someone is going to find these screenshots with red boxes around them and wonder what the hell is wrong with people!

Let’s just hope Kotaku doesn’t find this thread and write an article on how gamers are already nit-picking Cyberpunk 2077 distant road shadows.

The original point was that it has flaws, therefore it’s a real game. Otherwise that trailer makes it seem impossibly good.

They need to delay it again to fix this stuff! ;)

Unless it was redesigned that was the intent at some point.

Stealth doesn’t HAVE to equal “pacifist,” but I have no problem with that being an option as well. Hell, I LOVE more choices on how to deal with obstacles. But giving me different ways to quietly subdue/kill enemies works for me. Knockout gas, syringe, tranq gun, etc. I would love to see these options explored.

I really enjoy “get in and out without being detected” scenarios, especially if there’s some mechanic in place for failure that isn’t “insta-fail the mission and start over,” but also may be something other than “just shoot your way out.”