Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Oh man, @tomchick incoming with 1 Star.

This is one of the very rare games I’d actually want a poster for my game room wall.

Yep, from the last round of previews, where folks got to run 16-hours of playing the game, some of the previews emphasized this is very much an RPG not an Shooter. Some of them say they went several hours at a time without actually any combat.

I made you a poster @jpinard… 😬

I’m getting this game, but this is not really that much of an endorsement for me. I like my RPGs soaked in plasma fire, laser burns, cordite, blood, and broken teeeth.

Trailer reached 21M views.

Am I the only one who can’t believe this game will be like its shown? I mean, the game seems…insane by any standards by whats shown so far. Both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise.

I try to lower my expectations, but man - Elder Scrolls 6 aside, that is my most anticipated game, probably ever by now.

Now - DO SHADOWRUN NEXT!

The other day I saw a screenshot, from one of the trailers I believe, with a view of the city and the highway, where you could clearly see the jagged, low res shadow on said highway. I was like, ‘look, it’s a real game!’ :D

haha, nice! Thats’ good to hear :-D

Hahahahaha! That’s awesome! Excellenttttt.

It seems as though it plays similarly to a Deus Ex game… if you want to shoot up the place, you totally can.

Oh, I found it. It’s actually in the trailer I referred before, the latest one!

https://i.imgur.com/lsdj260.jpg

See that? it’s an artifact with the shadow system, it isn’t a shadow for any building in the background that is falling there, it’s the shadow of the rail guard, it doesn’t make to be that jagged.

What a dumpster fire! They should scrap it, switch engines and start over.

Traaaaassshhh.

I could think of two possible funny answers. I can’t decide which one to use, so:

No. 1: It’s the pointy knees of cities! :P

No. 2

edit: did 8 people clicked on the link? Can’t you like, hover on it and see where it goes? :D

Heh, yeah, I’m mostly just joking. I like a mix of gameplay, and this looks like it will deliver.

Replying about the photo mode. They said there was one before, bu the part of changing poses is new.

I guess that answers the question about if this was an issue. Thankfully CDPR put in the option to avoid said issue.

I like how they’ve used their punchable game show host character to announce that obnoxious streamers can play the game without worrying about copyright.

I guess I’m being unfair. It’s really YouTubers that are obnoxious.

I think that looks right, actually. Hear me out.

You do have a shadow from the guard rail, for example the bit in the yellow box. It’s a shadow that covers half the street, and is a straight edge line like the guard rail is.

Then you have, in the blue, splotches of dark that fade into light, and it looks like it could be just texturing on the road surface there. So the shadows look fine. If you got closer to that road, you might see what that texturing is supposed to be.

I agree it looks bad from a distance but I don’t blame the shadows - just the textures on the road, which are very far away so who knows? :)