Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I don’t know if feeling sorry for a multi billion dollar company is very cyberpunk of you ;)

Billion dollar company or not, people are still involved and it’s people that have to deal with consequences.

Yeah, in the case off the game’s condition at launch, that’s on the company, and they get little sympathy from me; they deserve the heat. (Noting, of course, that that does not include personal attacks on their employees or insinuations of incompetence, etc. at a personal level).

The hacking thing is bad whether it is done to a company or an individual, and while I don’t care much about them as a corporation, I do feel for the people working there who end up bearing the brunt of things like this. Even financial losses won’t be isolated to the big wigs, for sure.

Those things are good. I hope they’re also coming with a long list of individual bug fixes.

Yeah, needed fixes, but that only scratches the surface.

PC Gamer got sassy.

That seems like a very small patch.

I’m willing to be generous and hopeful and say that those sound like highlights of the patch rather than its entire contents. Much like each major WoW patch has a handful of new features that they highlight with screenshots and ad copy, with a long list of number tweaks and bug fixes they put at the bottom.

If they release this patch with only those four features and nothing else, they deserve every ounce of scorn coming their way.

TLDR:
Police will spawn instantly a little further away
Better driving
You can try to unstuck your car
You can disable the double-tapping for dodging

Steering sensitivity adjustments are okay, but the real problem is that the minimap suuuuuuuuuuucks.

The main map too from what I remember.

Yeah, they need to zoom out the minimap when driving. Fo’ shizzle.

Wow, sure waited a long time for what appears to be a short list of lazy patching.

I’m sure the problem with teleporting cops was that they teleported too quickly.

I’m guessing they have more substantial changes in store but I doubt they’ll pull a Hello Games.

Apparently, that was just a teaser of what’s in the patch:

I wouldn’t stick around at an overworked, underpaid gig that also generated death threats for myself and my family either.

Also 4 years from junior to lead? in a multi million dollar game?

It is an industry known for chewing up and spitting out people. Is that an abnormal span of time for the industry? Genuinely asking.

A lead with only 4 years of experience seems to me a little bit crazy unless it’s an exceptional individual. Maybe it’s different in AAA, but it’s very unusual in my experience.