Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I’m thinking/hoping all these IGN scheduled events are the devs sitting down with the IGN people answering questions and showing footage like at E3. They might just show the trailer of course.

Screenies.

I almost want to go on information blackout and just view the final product when it’s out, but the game is so far out that this is probably not a practical stance to take towards Cyberpunk footage.

They need to put Witcher 1 somewhere in Cyberpunk 2077, like a mission where you have to complete Witcher 1 inside a virtual computer, to find some datadump files. Like Lukasarts did with Day of the tentacle.

It’s doable. I’m forgetting it exists until there’s a date now. I’m sure it will be great.

Did this already happen, then? What was it? Just the new images?

Yep, pretty much that was it.

Apparently, the shocking revelation that the game has pistols.

The design of everything as well as graphics in technical terms look amazing.

But will it implement Ray Tracing!?

Hahaha I actually wanted to post something to the effect of “who needs raytracing?” :)

But I actually think raytracing is an awesome jump forward and will make games look better then ever. Although it will take time until console hardware uses it before mass adoption will happen.

Who’s to say it’s not already using ray tracing? It’s a current DX12 feature isn’t it?

Though I guess Nvidia probably would have heavily publicised that if it were the case…

Yeah I think we would already have RTX trailer on nvidia youtube if that was the case. But it is perfectly possible they will add it there of course. But the screens look plenty fabulous already.

Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for at least six years and its team recently hit a major milestone: The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn’t have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process, Borzymowski said.

In game development, first crit path day is awesome. Everyone feels great, you finally feel like you’re making a real game, and you get a huge morale boost.

Then it breaks again the next day in like Mission 2, and everyone yells at everyone else.

I first read that headline in my head as “It’s always sunny in ‘Cyberpunk 2077’”, which I thought was a bold choice. The actual headline is not as bold. But probably much better for the game.

CD Project Red are broadcasting a “mysterious” stream on Twitch. Below is IGN’s Youtube link (c’mon gameplay footage!):

I doubt it will be the full demo, but I do think some 2 minute trailer is possible and would be nice.

I can’t make hide nor hair of what they’re streaming:

It kinda looks like Base64 binary-to-text encoding. Most likely it’s random ASCII characters. There could certainly be a hidden message in there.