Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I put over 160 hours in the game on release, so there’s not much luring me back for another go-round. I liked the basic shooter stuff and the environments, but story wise, and progression wise, I’m not sure there’s much variety left after rolling through with one hack focused and one gun focused character. But if they continue to add stuff and fix stuff, might be worth it by the one-year anniversary maybe.

Seems unlikely since you can undress her down to her birthday suit and ogle her all you want in the inventory screen.

Started the game up post-patch. Got a text message from someone informing me of the new free clothing in my home closet. Okay. So far, so good.

Went into a side mission to kill some executive in an apartment building. Entered through a window to sneak in. Saw the target and a conversation with her started up. I was crouched. Trying to un-crouch skipped dialogue, so I remained crouched like an idiot for the rest of the dialogue. Shot her. Left the building.

Looked at my minimap and big map. The last five vehicles I had used were now icons on my map. Called a new vehicle. Now there were six vehicle icons on the map. Why?

This was always there. Lots of important conversations I had in this game put my vis-a-vis in a domineering position because I couldn’t stand up.

Oh, I know. Believe me. I spent many a conversation crouched too. I was just hoping they’d done something about it.

They’ve done the impossible with patching zoomed-out mini-map after 9 months of development, and it’s not enough for you. You want them to do what gods are unable to do.

The sarcasm…

Hmmm, it seems 1.3 bugged mantis blades too. Or at least the hit box is broken. Prepatch, you could hit at a (seeming) arm’s length distance, but now you have to so close that V is trying to look at the seams in their clothing.

what are you talking about? I do that all the time in the office IRL.

Something else, why is it called NightCity when all random CP2077 videos on YT that I watch are always in bright daylight? Is the whole game that way?

I am looking into buying the game, for some cyberpunk fix.

I went ahead and bit on the Xbone version since I have a Series X because it was on sale at Best Buy for $10 US, so I can see what the fuss is about.

No, there is night. Night City has lighting.

I picked up that $10 Best Buy order of Xbox version of the game last night. Very nice! It’s been a while since I bought a physical game. (I think Dark Souls 3 was the last one). The packaging and tchotchkes are nice. Plus I really like the Steel case. I was initially thinking of just keeping some other random games in the Steelcase that I don’t have covers for, but this Steelcase definitely needs to house the Cyberpunk discs (it comes on 2 Blu-ray discs). I can use the original plastic cover to store other game discs.

Heh, it’s revealing that the most salient features of this game are its packaging and ability to help store other games.

Just a few thoughts as I cool off before entering the outside to finish mowing my lawn…

Those who are disappointed that this game did not live up to the “Marketing Hype” have a valid point. However, as an Engineer in a global company that (of course) has a “Marketing Department” I understand what they did. And I believe they did their jobs.

And I think their Engineering staff is doing a hell of a job trying to perfect a project they have been working on for many years.

That project is (IMHO) never exactly what the Marketing Department is spinning before the actual product launch! But the Engineering team appears to be very passionate about it. And I applaud the Management Team for letting the Engineers continue to go with it!

So, just my 2(c)

M.

I played the game shortly after release and there were no 5 minutes without an obvious bug. Even main story cutscenes with no user input had broken animation. Devs like Ubisoft release less junky games with a similar level of technical and design ambition every year or so. Management is to blame for releasing an obviously bad product but engineers should take no pride in this.

Been playing it today. Still encountering unlootable items, NPCs doing crazy physics stuff, and other bugs. On the plus side, I was finally able to finish the Delamain questline.

And the “Devs” (ie. Engineers) are not still working to produce the game you wanted? And the Management Team at CDPR is not making that effort a priority?

Saying “this game is buggy” is not saying “the software engineer(s) who worked on this didn’t care and/or sucks.”

Oh Lord. “It’s all about you!” is some hot marketing bullshit.

It’s a singleplayer game that most people would play once. Most of them already did, and after more than 8 years of waiting they got an extremely buggy game that was removed from some storefronts for half a year after release. It is still extremely buggy.

I guess a good job from engineers for making it slightly less buggy. Doesn’t change the fact they’ve launched one of the buggiest AAA-releases ever. Even with most of the blame being on marketing engineers are still responsible for committing to goals they never achieved before providing basic working functionality.