Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I wonder if they’ve made it easy for themselves to add proper new content like The Witcher 3 expansions. Proper expansions I’d pay for - stuff like the companion quests from the main game, or that heist.

Oh hell yeah!

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Finally a really smart move by CDPR.

good news ;p

Just started playing this and gotta say, I’m not loving the voice they picked for female V. She sounds like Tig Notaro or something. I was hoping for something a bit more mellifluous. I didn’t see that there was more than one female voice. There wasn’t, was there?

I hated the male voice and can’t imagine the female being worse!

Aw. man, now I want to play as Tig Notaro.

At least Tig Notaro is funny, heh.

BTW, did I make a mistake starting on the “Street Kid” path? I’m hearing it’s the hardest somehow.

Lol - no. There is basically no difference between the two after around 30-60 minutes.

The street samurai backstory is IMO the most fleshed-out (such as it is) and interesting of the three. All are equally disposable once the game proper begins. You get a few dialog options once in a while that mean exactly nothing, which are based on your origin, but that’s about it.

The corpo backstory is, in my opinion, the worst of the lot. Boring start, and the inter-office rivalry they set up amounts to a wet fart.

There’s a corpo quest later. It’s resolved in a minute.

Yeah, I remember thinking, “That’s it?”

According to CDPR’s biz dev guy, while the studio’s still aiming to release the next-gen update this year, it’s possible the refresh might slip into 2022.

“The target is to release the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 late this year,” explained Nowakowski. “At the same time, keeping in mind the lessons we have learned during the past year and taking into account that this project still remains in development, we can’t say with full certainty that the production schedule will not change.”

Honestly I’m more interested in Witcher 3 update. I still probably won’t be able to play CP2077 with RTX on a modern hardware. And I’m not sure it will ever be a great game. But exploring Toussaint with enhanced graphics - yes please.

Yes, DLSS and RTX in Witcher 3 would definitely make me consider another 100+ hours in game. Probably the only open world game I’ll ever consider replaying.

I just finished my second play through and I can’t see myself playing this again. They would need to add some radically different stuff to the game to make it worth while. Aside from bugs, the game design in most areas, just sucks. I do love the graphics though and am quite please with so much spoken dialog.

Most huge open world games don’t tempt me for a replay because my style is to spend hundreds of hours exploring every inch of the world and finding everything there is to find the first time around.

However, I am in my second play through of RDR2 due to my brother being in his first play through, to help him out on some things, and I am amazed at things I am discovering I never saw or experienced the first time through. And I took forever to get through the chapters of the game because I so enjoyed riding into every inch of the huge world and exploring everything there was to explore. I do think I have had every variation of a member of the gang coming up on me and saying “Dutch is wondering if you are ever going to come back to camp?”

Oh wait what? I didn’t even realise I wasn’t playing the next-gen version of Cyberpunk. They have bigger problems than graphics to fix though.