Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I can never keep the different endings straight. I think I have done all of them. There is one which is only possible if you just sit there long enough and don’t make a decision, for instance. What’s interesting is that the endings and sometimes choices in the endings can shape what you get from them when the game dumps you back to the save point.

I encountered some graphical weirdness during the Gimme Danger mission* for Takemura: once I was in the warehouse, every time I’d go into scan mode to do a quick hack or something, I’d get columns of text/numbers in a small font (in red) on the right and left side of the screen. I’d never seen that before. Is that supposed to happen there or is it a bug or worse, something going wrong with my 3060 Ti? It didn’t really keep me from playing or obstruct important info on screen so I wondered.

*the one where you hack the parade float

May have been some kind of card or driver glitch, because loaded a save from within the warehouse and the problem didn’t recur. Hmmm.

I found the endings hard to predict beforehand, so I will share the flowcharts which explain both the Act 3 choices/consequences, and the voicemails that you get for the various choices you make. Obviously, all of these are spoilers, so I will blur them.

Act 3 Choices

Voicemails I (Vik through Saul)

Voicemails II (Mitch through Misty)

Welp, I finished the game. What a delight. What a fun mix of Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed, and Watch Dogs that I didn’t know I needed. Bring on the expansion!

Yeah, it’s a fun run, even with the flaws. My current excursion has me at 50/50 and still not doing all the story stuff. I’ve done all the gigs for the fixers, but the last tarot and cyberpsycho missions don’t show up on the map–might have to advance the story to get those to pop in I guess. At this point every weapon is upgraded legendary iconic, and I can generally hit bullet time (whatever that cyberware is called) and headshot everyone before it runs out. The Comrade’s Hammer one-shot Burya tech revolver does obscene damage and crits all the time, but my other go-to weapons Death & Taxes for silenced kills and I think it’s Psalm something or other (Assault Rifle) are brutal too.

I went with only one point in Intelligence, above the starting 3, and focused on Tech, Reflexes, and then Body and Cool (body to 15 to use the explosive rounds rifle really, just because). First time trying this with pretty much zero hacking/quickhacks. It’s…different, but in the end, you get to the same place pretty much. Everything dies when it runs into your walking avatar of death.

Same, I started a playthrough as a nomad with zero points in quick hacking. I can turn off cameras for now but I haven’t bought a Sandevistan yet. I don’t know how you’re supposed to do stealth missions when you can’t disable cameras.

I also don’t know how you level up engineering or athletics effectively. Engineering I can see by getting kills with grenades. That’s insanely slow, though, for now. Athletics… just run a lot? I get 90xp on that every so often from sprinting. There are some good perks in that tree too.

If you get up under them, you can turn off cameras for a chunk of Engineering xp. Even after disabling them remotely. Also works for turrets. I’ve got gorilla arms on my V and the higher tiers give a bigger boost to Body, which lets me force open the occasional door for Athletics xp. But this makes me think that brawling will also get you some Athletics xp as well.

I’ve also taken advantage of hiding bodies in dumpsters and crates giving Ninjitsu xp, even after you’ve basically taken everybody out and there’s no one left to spot a body and raise an alarm anyway!

Yeah I’m planning a few points in Cool for this build just to get some cold blood perks. But I capped Ninjitsu before I even completed the Heist prologue.

I’m basically using big guns and swords. I did swords last run too but they’re so damn cool. The blunt weapons are just thwack thwack thwack, the swords have flourish.

I’m loving this game so much right now that I am ordering the Cyberpunk Red books. I really hope they make a sequel.

For stealth I use optical camo and get to the computers to turn off the cameras–or shoot them with a silenced pistol. For missions where stealth isn’t mandated, I just kill everyone. Loudly.

Yeah if I do another run I’ll likely go swords. I didn’t use them a lot but when I did, whooooo fun.

Brilliant!

Does optical camo work? I’ve had a hard time convincing myself it’s helping.

Yeah it works! Enemies can’t see you. They can still hear you, though.

Hmm, I’ll have to play with it a little more. I only just tried it out a little bit toward the end of my game, long after having gotten accustomed to regular sneaking or using a sandevistan. It didn’t seem to add any benefit on top of my ninjitsu and sandevistan-boosted stealth, and maybe that’s to be expected. And I thought there were a couple times I tried using the camo and was surprised to still be noticed, but it’s entirely possible I wasn’t considering noise at the time. So maybe the camo would’ve been a benefit before I was already so late in the game; I’ll think about that for future plays.

Enemies can hear you and will fire in your general direction sometimes. If you have the leg mods that make you silent I suppose it would help but I never use those as extra vertical is far more critical.

Optical camo is great when you remember to use it, which for me was 60% of the time.

And Optical Camo takes up an interface slot that is either it, healing cyberware, or grenades, so you have to pick and choose.

One challenge with camo is that it also makes your weapon and sight invisible, giving you only the sort of transparent outline view, and making it very hard to do precision shooting as your crosshair is gone. Also, it can be easy to miss the indicator telling you whether it is off cooldown or not.

I have never intentionally thrown a grenade in this game, though I’m certainly willing to believe I should have at some point.

I’m throwing grenades a lot and they’re not great. At least, not at level 10.

Grenades are tricky, as often the bad guys are standing around civilians (and it’s sort of hard-wired that two grenades will blow up any vehicle as well). Grenades get massively powerful if you put points into the Tech line and boost their power; you can also have them become capable of critical hits. Properly specced, grenades can utterly destroy whole gaggles of gangoons instantly. I’ve tossed two at crowds of baddies standing around a car and boom, no more bad guys. Easy peasey. Helps if no civvies are there but if they are, c’est la guerre I suppose.