Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Can confirm, at level 20 grenades are getting better. I found the crafting spec for the green ones, which are sticky. Stick those to an enemy and that usually takes them down along with anyone near them.

The blue homing grenades suck. Yes they should work on guys behind cover but I’ve found the enemies tend to just kite them around and they explode doing minimal damage.

I’ve also been trying to level up engineering by shooting people through walls. I don’t think that is actually giving me XP. But then I don’t know if the game awards XP until after combat is over or during.

I can confirm that shooting people through walls with tech weapons gives Engineering xp. I started a new playthrough and upped the difficulty, and now using tech weapons with ping is about the only way I can consistently stay alive early game.

Cool thanks! Do I have to charge the weapon and score a kill with it to get the XP? Been using a tech sniper rifle for this so far. It’s a weird weapon, it seems to fire 5 shots like a long range shotgun. But it’s called a “precision rifle”.

I think it has to be charged and through some form of cover, from what I’ve noticed with the xp messages. But yeah, the notification delay makes it hard to tell some times.

The game awards experience by kill I think, as you kill 'em. But it lags sometimes.

Grenades can make a lot of the story set piece missions pretty simple because they have a lot of groups of enemies and no civilians and without trying you probably have a billion grenades available. Doesn’t really matter if each one doesn’t do a ton of damage if you keep throwing them.

With my Sandevistan and Grenades, I’ll call this my Rolento build.

ezgif.com-gif-maker

I really wish this game had a way to skip the intro (and first mission) and just start playing. The second time around, the cutscenes, dialog, etc. feel interminable.

I downloaded some save games for different gender/background combos that put you at that point, so you can start from scratch without, well, starting from scratch.

That was my experience, they shine in boss fights and swarm scenarios, but not very useful out in the general world. I did cheese a few setpiece side missions with them by murdalizing everyone before I triggered aggro through dialogue.

That’s the way to go.

Similar to Skyrim or whatever where you make and keep a manual save right before you commit to your character’s looks/race/stats etc.

Yeah that cart ride…

There are a lot of mods that remove the cart ride and provide an alternate start.

Yep, I use them too :).

I’ll put this here. Using celebrities to ‘play’ game characters isn’t something that does anything for me. Surprising there isn’t more of a trend to put players in games themselves.

Typically doesn’t do much for me either, so I was really surprised when Keanu proved to be an exception. I thought he was really great in this role.

Keanu grew on me over time, yeah.

I finally picked this up with their latest sale. It is making me wish I had a 3090 or 4090 so I could see it with all the bells and whistles turned on. The Nvidia optimized settings for the 3070 look nice, but the frame rate is low enough that I can really notice it when moving around.

I was fine with it on my 3070… are you on some mega-monitor or are my standards just helpfully low :)

1440p. It was routinely dipping into the 30s with the optimized settings from Nvidia Experience, and usually in the 40s. Trying the settings recommended by Digital Foundry now.