Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Trig, based on your comment, and my exact same issues upon release I fired this back up this week. I’m very lost right now, but it seems playable and pretty as well. I was a bit blown away a few times at specific moments so far.

I spaz out in these early fights though since I have no idea what I’m doing. How do I stop people from using hacks on me in a fight? Or … I guess how do I know which ones they are so I can kill the damn things?

I’m not the fastest twitch player anymore so normal difficulty has given me a couple of deaths already. I’m sure that will ease up as I get more abilities/weapons/etc.

The curve is steep, steep, steep. Just limp through these early times and it will open up and you’ll become a monster all too soon.

I’m good with that. I don’t mind a meaty RPG experience as it rolls along.

I think you might need a perk or equipment to ID someone hacking you maybe? Then you can scan for them.

I think I remember having to overwhelm being set on fire with constant healing :)

Yes, one of the perks in the intelligence line I think is highlighting the person hacking you. That plus a wall-piercing tech weapon is fun.

There’s a perk that will show where they are:

Just go murder them.

Also, practicing on NYPD fights will improve both V’s and your skills, before taking on meatier stuff.

I don’t think I had a problem with enemy hackers after level 10 or so. Drop a plague bomb on everyone in the building and waltz in.

I didn’t have any real trouble with hackers either - barely an inconvenience. My style was run and gun with auto-targetting rapid fire weapons, so spraying bullets that curve around corners was my jam. I didn’t invest in intelligence or hacking at all (I had just enough to disable a camera I could see directly.) Generally my motto was: stealth until I screw up, then guns blazing.

One of the bonuses of having high body was that the regen is insane - you’d make Wolverine jealous with how fast you can recover from just about any insult. If someone happened to be plinking away with some hack, I didn’t notice.

Literally just finished my second actual playthrough. Night City must be about the best fictional environment ever. ❤️

Except the first factory mission during the intro, right? They were quite annoying there. After that they were the least dangerous.

During the intro to the game? If I was on fire, I probably shot people. If I wasn’t on fire, I probably shot people. Both solutions seemed to advance the story.

Cyberpunk isn’t a game about figuring out how to survive. It’s a game about figuring out the most entertaining way to become a walking death god.

I love Keanu Reeves, but I always felt uncomfortable with him being the main character in my story.

I mean… why would it need saving? Game was great, unless you ran it on a PS4 or something.

The gist of the article is that performance was poor on release and there were a lot of quest bugs on release. And those two things have been fixed. But the main quest is still the main quest, which is not great. But the side quests taken at their own pace are excellent, and those are still excellent.

Yeah, the title is pure clickbait, but the article is reasonable.

The main quest was fucking excellent. Maybe that guy just hates cool shit. That’s fine. There have to be lame people in the world so we know who the cool people are.

Cyberpunk 2077 is fucking amazing, and it affected me in a way a video game hasn’t since… I don’t know, Dark Souls. Johnny Silverhand is Keanu’s best role he’s ever done.

I thought the main quest was pretty terrible. The game was so much better when I ignored it and did the side stuff.