Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I really need to play this game so I get to have an opinion too.

If you don’t do the side quests you get locked into the bad ending. Maybe that’s why you weirdos all hate it?

I absolutely loved this game once the tech stuff was cleared up. It just felt like such a Gibson-style Cyberpunk world without feeling copycat.

I love it, warts and all, but the main questline is not my favorite part necessarily. The missions on it are good, mostly, some are great. I just don’t resonate with the way the quest frames my character, who really isn’t “my character,” because my fate is already determined and I’m robbed of any chance to change the basic outline of my life in the game. Now, it’s a solid, and totally justified narrative approach, and I think pretty well done, but for me it does not mesh well with a CRPG context where I really resent being railroaded on something as personal and intimate as my own soul, and its existence or termination.

I guess that’s a way of saying that @Wallapuctus may be right; the main story does pack an emotional punch. But it’s not necessarily the punch I want in a game like this. It is I think more suited to a graphic novel, not a glorified FPS with stats.

I would have loved this game to death had it mainly been about starting from scratch and rising through the merc ranks in Night City, from taking crappy jobs from part-time fixers in bars to crashing the Afterlife as a heavy hitter.

I feel pretty close to the same way. Reeves was so much better than I imagined he’d be in this, I really thought he nailed it. The main story worked for me.

Someone will work out how to serve up content in way less artificial than ignoring a shrill save-the-world main quest, then everyone will copy them and all will be well.

I just finished the game for the first time last week and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I did all of the side quests I could and really enjoyed the Samurai stuff. I loved being a part of the band. I’m excited for more Silverhand in the expansion.

No no no you got it all wrong. This is the internet. You don’t need to play Cyberpunk 2077 before forming an opinion about it. 😉😉😉

I’m just gonna wait until the expansion is out for… about a year, when the bugs are fixed, then I will play this. I can’t imagine playing Witcher 3 on release either.

W3 and Cyberpunk really are in a class of their own.

I really should play Witcher 3 eh? I keep not playing it because there’s a Witcher 1 and 2 I haven’t played.

I think starting with 3 would make sense for anyone. It’s the easiest to play and get into. You have to accept a bit of backstory already being in train, but that’s not hard IMO. I suspect the books are as good a grounding for that stuff too if not better.

I finished this game. I rarely finish games. I did all the sidequests, the only thing undone were all the police callouts.

I still find myself thinking about Night City.

I too would have loved this, ultimately, even though I did enjoy the main storyline.

I think those are just procedural rather than set, so you avoided madness.

There are some procedural firefights, but the NCPD stuff is scripted. Not that there’s much scripting. Positioned with an explanatory shard conversation would be a better description :)

Yeah I’m pretty sure the callouts are static, there are just so many.

Me, too. Weeks later I still think about some of the quests and characters. I miss my homie Jackie, and even Johnny. Honestly feel bad about how it was left with Panam, not that there was any choice given. But there’s literally nothing left for me to do in the game, not even police call outs.

Wait which ending did you take? I took the one with Panam and enjoyed it a lot.

Just me and Johnny, making those Arasaka shitheads pay. No need for anyone else to get hurt.

The last thing I saw before the credits rolled

But, hey, cyber tank sex.

Fair.

Interesting to me that someone at CDPR thought what Cyberpunk needed was some more demanding graphics options. I expect this will quarter framerates for no benefit I can discern. I will run it anyway :)

Cyberpunk 2077 RT: Overdrive – Bringing Path Tracing into Night City (Presented by NVIDIA)