Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Path tracing patch out now…

Benchmark with my usual settings but no DLSS: 20fps
Plus DLSS Auto: 45 fps
Plus path tracing: 22 fps.

Looks the same :)

I watched the DF video on this yesterday. They make the difference seem rather extreme.

I think it looks like a big step up too, but I’ve realized it’s all rather relative. There are plenty of people who don’t really notice the difference between DVDs and Blu-rays, don’t notice HDR, don’t notice whether ray tracing is on or not, don’t notice frame rate differences that seem obvious to others, etc.

30 FPS is FINE.

My wallet is suddenly hurting.

I’ll admit, I’m one of those 30fps-is-fine folks. And I have no idea whether I’d be able to notice this stuff while playing, but side by side like that video, damn. I wonder if one thing that happens is that the more realistic this stuff gets, your brain just doesn’t see it as much because ‘that’s the way it’s supposed to to look’. That said, I’ll probably never see it like this, as I’m a console player.

I mean, it can be noticed, but we are clearly in diminishing returns territory.

Do we know if Phantom Liberty will support this stuff? That starts to nudge the upgradometer a little…!

There’s no reason to think it wouldn’t. They’re not going to fork their engine/

You never fork an engine. Not without some serious protection at least.

Took few shots with pathtracing. Yes I suppose it is more accurate and in some scenes no doubt transformative, but the game already looked so good that this is definitely diminishing returns territory. It’s not like with Quake 2 where RT completely transforms the lighting.

Still, cool preview. I wonder if in half a decade when new console generation is out, PT could become standard way to lit 3D AAA games? Since it should also save lot of time for developers who won’t have to bake stuff.

Not unless AMD seriously ups their RT game.

Why would the DLC be different from the game?

Is this Overdrive already released? I’m on vacay but looking forward to playing around with it on the 4090 w DLSS3.

Yeah, it’s a small auto update.

16GB small :)

Those look great – what does driving around in the dusty wasteland in daylight look like? Is that also as much of a dramatic improvement?

Also, ha ha, have they patched the gameplay of driving cars that feels like they’re floating on air cushions?

Well, the game wasn’t quite designed for this style of lighting. I expect the odd section where, eg, it’s too dark to see things you’re supposed to be able to see. Maybe Phantom Liberty was constructed with it more in mind.

Less than 100 fps?
Unplayable

edit: 28.5 without dlss. 55,8 with dlss quality.