Cyberpunk 2077 - PC technical thread

I’m genuinely curious now about how Steam is moving the download time out a few minutes at a time. Is this some sort of kludge they have to ensure that the update isn’t pushed out to some off-peak time 2 days from now like their normal updates?

So far performance has sucked. I’m getting 0 fps here:

I have this on GOG, don’t know what unlock/decrypt shenanigans to expect.

But this is your annual cautionary note to restart Steam before or after decrypting if you’re having any trouble starting the game. That’s solved Steam activation issues for me every time I’ve had them.

If I … just … keep … refreshing …

OK, I’m in the game now. It’s defaulting to windowless bordered mode (I have a dual monitor setup), which doesn’t necessarily give the best performance. If you’re having framerate troubles, I suggest switching to full-screen mode.

Also, I have a 1080 Ti and a 3600X, and the game is defaulting to the highest possible settings at 1440p. I’ll do some testing with Fraps to see what’s going on there.

I’d feel better if this like… had done anything in the last 20 minutes.

I’ll try restarting Steam again. Surely the 6th time is the charm.

Huh - I’m stuck at the exact same point Shiva. Stopped at 57.4/60.2 15 minutes ago and won’t download anything else.

Crap why do I have a different amount?

Well the good news is restarting doesn’t do anything. :)

Thanks for the Windowed / Full Screen tips.

In the main thread, someone recommends turning Chromatic Aberration OFF.

I’ve got floating vegetation visible through the garage door. Not sure what that’s about.

That’s the first patch. There are two.

I got through the first one and then got to where my screen is. My theory is that Steam is overwhelmed so no one can download anything.

Actually, I can test that by trying to install some tiny game, brb.

Well I guess I have time to clean my basement some more.

Installing other stuff works, but it’s really slow.

So it’s just a Cyberpunk thing I guess.

Karl Franz wants me to gather his men, so maybe I’ll do that for a bit while Steam sorts out it’s shit.

Not sure if true but

Worth a shot.

Edit: Nada. It’s either unpacking something and not telling us or downloading for Cyberpunk files is just borked atm. Might even be a que scenario, like only so many people can try to download these specific files at once and it’s at capacity? Hell if I know.

Time to get yelled at by Karl, I think.

That little blue bar beneath “Play” should be increasing - that’s the unpacking process.

Switched to South Korea and it’s going 13x faster. So when you make a snail go 13x faster it’s still… a slug.

When my blue bar got to about 95% filled the download began again.

4 minutes!

Same. Also feel free to use more than like 5% of my disk speed to unpack Steam.
It’s okay, it’s what it’s there for.

GOG’s unpacking was a small 241MB download. It actually failed on me, but I restarted GOG and it worked. I’m impressed, since GOG hasn’t had to handle a global unlock for such a blockbuster on their own client before.