Daily Little Big Planet 2: head scratcher

Daily Little Big Planet 2: head scratcher This happened quite by accident. I hesitate to post about it because, well, I didn’t actually play the level. At all. I just landed in the middle of the action and watched it happen. And it was weird and disturbing and somehow touching. Poignant. I see myself returning to it. For now, however, I’m just letting this weird little experience sit. In playing these daily levels, I’m using a selection called Lucky Dip, which basically throws me into a random community level. At the top of the Lucky Dip screen is something called “Dive In”. I didn’t know what that was, and I accidentally clicked it the other day. I was thrown into a multiplayer level in the world above. A place called sauvez willy!!. With no warning I found myself a spectator in a sackbot drama. The hapless sackbot above, with the terrified expression, was just dodging falling bits of household junk. Exploding appliances and other weird stuff. I couldn’t help. I couldn’t do anything but watch. It was such a weird experience. I felt helpless, but completely drawn in. It’s weird how compelling these little creatures are. The expression on this little dude’s face, as he dodged for his life…it touched me. No, I didn’t play this level. It happened to me.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2011/02/09/daily-little-big-planet-2-head-scratcher/

Can I just say, I am glad this “experiment” is over.

I don’t understand this… when is the topic resurrection ever going to end? And why is it happening?

Google had a tough time finding these, probably because they were so buried. As Google finds and crawls them, they appear here. So only ones Google has not yet crawled are an issue. All the popular blog posts were crawled long long ago, so this is the leftover dregs.