Dang it! My kid wants a FIFA game. HELP.

You’re terrible.

:)

Just see if your side can beat Leicester tomorrow, eh?

I’m from North London born and bred, live in CT these days although I went to the Lane at the beginning of December to see us demolish Swansea. I sometimes go to the spurs bar in New Haven, CT to watch the games with my fellow spurs supporters, although if the game starts at 8:30AM, drinking beer that early can be dangerous.

You jinxed them!!!

Leicester lowered the difficulty setting tonight.

Nice to hear the fans singing for Ranieri too.

This has turned into the premier league thread, not that I’m complaining.

Is that bad? I can turn it into a Championship thread, as that’s where my lot loiter.

Geordie?

Ipswich Town.

The first game I ever went to was an FA Cup semi-final. The second was an FA Cup final victory. I was spoiled early.

I don’t recognize half the words you are throwing about.

I’m bumping this because we need some kind of closure here. Did you buy FIFA yet or not?!

FIFA 17 is on sale via Origin.

My original side when I first got into the Premiership was the Magpies back when Alan Shearer made them a terror.

Much the same way that Rimworld just makes me want to play Dwarf Fortress, PES17 was just making me pine for FIFA, so that’s great news, thanks!

Does anyone play FIFA 17 online on the PC? Wasteland? $20 is a good price.

I was stalling a bit, hoping that the parental version of the pocket veto would take place and he’d lose interest. Ha. Dumb. As with my hope that him wanting to get a lizard as a pet would fade, FIFA was not going away soon.

FIFA 17 arrives tomorrow, in time for me to get him back for the weekend. He will have just turned in a major English project and will be champing at the bit to fire it up after school, I’m sure.

Thanks again for your help. I’ll let you all know how it goes as the thread continues to sink into the relative merits of Spurs and Coys and Reds. :)

-xtien

Firing up FIFA for the very first time.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here…

-xtien

Holy cats, @DaveLong

THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN!

-xtien

Aren’t lizards pretty low maintenance as pets go?

Actually, no. Keeping their environment in balance with regard to humidity, in addition to finding a way to keep live crickets for feeding, makes them not so low maintenance. Also, handling them can be tricky.

Lucky for me, a friend of ours suggested getting a snake instead. She had owned both, and much preferred the snake. Upon further research, feeding and keeping a snake seemed much more reasonable. Yes, you have to feed the snake a live baby rat, but you feed it once a week. So my son shifted his interest to getting a snake, and it totally worked. The snake is a great low maintenance pet. It’s easy to handle, and it has a lot of personality (thanks to anthropormophization, of course).

I would have wished for neither, but I’m so glad we got a snake instead of a lizard. I tried to wait until that request went away for eight months or so, and it never did. But at least the snake pretty much takes care of itself. And holding it is surprisingly cool.

-xtien