Dark Souls 2 PC

That’s cool to hear speedruns are already at 2 hours, which means it should be fairly popular to run it. But please watch what you say about them in the PC thread. :)

Regarding bosses: There a LOT more boss “hordes” or bosses with two or three guys compared to Dark Souls 1. It got to the point that I now freely summon NPC phantoms (if available) to help me because I’m almost sure that it’s not intended to fight these alone. I mean, Ornstein and Smough were seriously tough in Dark Souls 1 but here you have boss hordes focusing and closing in on your ass constantly.

I barely preorder any game, but decided to take the plunge with the positive opinions here and GreenManGamings 25% off preorder offer. I can’t wait!

DeS = Diablo
DaS = D2
DS2 = LoD

There, I said it.

Said what exactly? I don’t get your correlations at all.

Dark Souls 2 is an expansion pack.

That means Artorias of the Abyss is Torchlight 2, the action RPG that finally clicked with me, and allowed me to have as much fun as everyone else was, though their excitement level seemed inexplicable at the time.

To me it feels like a very nice refinement of the previous two games not an expansion. There is more content in DS2 then with DS 1 and DLC combined. There are some great tweaks to the combat system. The stats have been fleshed out as well. I am still missing something here, or get it and don’t agree.

Interesting trivia about bosses.

• redacted, no interesting trivia for you :) *

Unless you are doing some weird kind of skips, there is way more than 1 ‘multi-boss’ on the critical path.

This is not the thread for interesting trivia from people who have finished the game, thanks.

I’m actually not clear, given that Diablo 2 sort of sucked until it got the Lord of Destruction expansion pack, at which point it became amazing. Or is that what you are saying?

I didn’t think a number of bosses would be considered a spoiler.

Unless you are doing some weird kind of skips, there is way more than 1 ‘multi-boss’ on the critical path.

Not really but we can discuss it more in the other thread.

Oh I know you didn’t consider it to be a spoiler. And I’m not here to debate what is or isn’t one. My original post was very clear: we don’t want to read detailed explanations of what is in the game when we’re still weeks away from playing it. Post generic impressions or move to the other thread.

So you liked LoD best? I’m saying I think you’ll like Dark Souls 2.

Sorry, man, I guess “detailed explanations” is a bit vague in this case, since it’s kind of known that there will be a bunch of bosses. :)

Anyway, sorry again, I totally understand your point of view, I also wanted to avoid any spoilers before the PS3 release and I know I would be pissed off if someone spoiled stuff for me, I wouldn’t even be posting in this thread if it weren’t for the slight misinformation that was posted about bosses earlier. I removed my comment, hopefully Angrycoder will edit his quote as well.

I understand I’m waging my own private nerd war on the meaning of non-spoiler threads and not everyone sees it from the same perspective. (Like I said in my rant, I think rather than asking will this ruin the experience? we should ask is this necessary and appropriate?) No hard feelings. I’ve been squinting through most of the posts anyway. It’s hard to ruin a game like this, though more surprise and discovery is always nice.

PS3 vs PC compare at IGN.

Results as expected.

Blocky image on both thanks to youtube’s compression? :)

It looks better on PC, but not staggeringly so. The only thing really evident was a little less pop, and textures ^2. Maybe I missed something though.