Dark Souls 3

Nothing with the areas really. There is a story in DS3 as to why the world is as it is and you may venture into areas that have familiar names, but things don’t look the same. But there are many little things that bring back DS1 memories, and to a lesser extent DS2 memories.

So I have finished with The Painted World of Ariendel DLC and have begun The Ringed City. Getting thru the Dreg Heap was easy, though the Boss was a bitch. And now the opening of the actual Ringed City area is kicking my ass and it isn’t even a Boss fight.

This must be Dark Souls showing you how hard it truly can be.

I will one day finish this game , and all the damn Sekiro talk has be wanting to pick that up, but not till I finish DS3!

So I had to remember where the hell I left off , and apparently I am rusty as all frak. But 2 hours of play today and another door open, this nice fellow was just past the next fog door. What a pain in the ass fight that was, and the arrow rain was such BS.

Then after that fight and I do what the nice lady says…

Oh, well that isn’t good.

And this is where I am now. :)

Lets just say I earned and lost a lot of souls in the last 2 hours.

Man, I love Dark Souls 3 so much. Have fun!

Having the second Boss fight immediately follow the previous one is actually one of the crueler things Dark Souls ever does. Especially if you haven’t seen the Dancer before or have used up most your Estus beating the previous boss… I usually go straight to the inventory screen and bone my way out of the Dancer fight. Of course, who thinks of that their first time thru.

And as for Aldrich’s arrow attack, screw that guy.

Yep , I had visited a bonfire, but was damaged on my way back to the statue, and ofcourse the 112908 souls were lost after I died there a few times. I forgot to level up. And thats like 2 freaking levels when you are in your high 60’s.

:(

Oh god those stairs. I must’ve ran that section a thousand times when I was grinding covenant drops.

My calves and glutes never looked better though.

DS3 currently 75% off ($14.99) in Steam. That’s a great deal for anyone who hasn’t gotten this yet.
Season Pass also on sale 50% off ($12.50)

Those are great prices, especially the Season Pass.

I picked it up. Ready to die a lot…

Well at least you’re going in with the right mindset :)

DS3 has call backs to Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and EVEN Demon’s Souls.

It definitely is the FromSoft “greatest hits” compilation of a “Dark Souls” game, which probably explains why it was the last one.

Now I’m disappointed that they didn’t have the foresight to include call fronts to Sekiro.

They had said prior to it’s release that it would be the last one.

Just killed Yhorm and am evaluating my setup.

Dexterity: 40
Endurance: 20
Vigor: 20
Strength: 14

Sharp Estoc + 7
Black Bow of Pharis+7
Dragon Crest Shield (just switched when I got strength to 14 after Yhorm fight)
Drang armor with Pharis hat

Any suggestions? Prior games I went with heavy armor, but am actually enjoying being light. I use the bow a lot too.

Just keep pushing endurance. Love the black bow. I think you can take Dex to 50 but there is a falloff at 40.

Finished! Main game anyway. There is one more boss I haven’t beaten yet and the DLC. Summons make the bosses pretty trivial. I don’t remember that being the case in the prior titles, but maybe I’m just a better player now. Sekiro may have upped my game.

Not sure I’ve got the desire to go through the DLC, but maybe I’ll switch my build up and try something different.

If you have never played the DLC I would recommend them. While a few of the bosses are questionable there are also some very good ones.

I hate those knights between Vordt and the cathedral. Argh.

You need to update these rankings with Sekiro.

@krayzkrok, the deluxe edition of Dark Souls 3 is $21 and change here in the U.S. Is it on sale in Australia too? That’s sort of getting in the price range where I’m thinking of double dipping to get the PC version too. The Xbox is always busy these days, so maybe playing on PC is what I might have to do when we tackle this one together.