Dark Souls 3

Terrence Malick’s Dark Souls

This would mean it’s long and super slow paced.

I think he was referring to David Lynch.

Good call, Lynch definitely doesn’t make long, slow-paced films.

After having seen The Green Knight, I think David Lowery would be the man for the job.

My quest to solo DS3 continues - finally managed to get the Soul of Cinder. I’ve been at it for a very long time, and this evening, following a few naked practice runs, I donned armor and had a surprisingly calm time taking him down.
Only Midir and Gael are left. I actually enjoyed the few attempts I made on Gael. Can’t say the same about Midir, but down they must both go.

Gael is doable, but I never even got close with Midir.

Good luck.

Gael is an amazing fight. I fought him over and over until I finally won. I don’t feel like he cheats at all. Plus the arena is epic.

Midir, well…I fought him for a while but had to put the game down and come back later. I beat him later. It’s really Midir NG+ that is just soul crushing nonsense.

Uh oh. I hope they find a fix and get servers back online.

I will be very bummed if this delays Elden Ring even further.

Hackers have come up with some very aggressive and destructive things lately and From has chosen to ignore it. I have seen worries that From hadn’t made Eldon Ring any more secure than they did DS3, and if they haven’t they very well may have re-think releasing it until they do.

I am starting a new limited run on console until Elden Ring comes out. Never played a dex build. How do I start? With Assassin? No magic… Iudex Gundyr, I am coming for you…

Thing is it really doesn’t matter as the following level ups can correct any mistake you think you made.

The one who starts with the sellsword twinblades. Hmm that’s probably the sellsword

Did that, twinblades. Although I finished the game and DLC already, it took me like 3-4 tries this time to kill Iudex, old friend.

I always firebomb Iudex the minute he starts the change, that is easy mode.

before getting my Crest Shield (100%) I had some troubles against the knights, also I bought the buckler, great shield for the uchigatana master, too. Killed Vordt on my first try without issues, he had no chance against fire infused twinblades +1. I switched to the Scythe going full dex.

He was turned off of Dark Souls 3 originally since it came out soon after Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne and was suffering Souls fatigue.

I guess that’s one positive aspect of having a huge backlog and getting to games late. I only play what I feel like playing, on my own schedule, not on someone else’s schedule.

Of course, all that will change with Elden Ring, the first Souls-like I’ll be playing at launch.

for a long time DS 1 was my favourite, however now it is DS3, because DS1 looks really dated, even the remaster.

I always loved DS 1 but after playing DS3 the difference in the speed of the game makes going backwards difficult. But I still love all 3 games.