Dark Souls 3

It’s the bottom row of the equipment tab where you set those, and then you cycle through them with down on the D-pad.

Actually it might just be one particular attack of the knights, although I think that Fat Halbardier has some crazy tracking attacks, too. Maybe it’s just his swings are enormous.

Oh, also it seems like the twinblades don’t have a “weapon art,” although I guess on the upside I can use all my estus allotments for normal flasks…

High Wall down, boss was easier than the knights! Level 21, not sure where I ought to be putting my levels. Mostly health for now, a little endurance, less dex…

Yes. Although if you are lame like me you put as few things in those slots as possible because I am always accidentley hitting the rotate button.

As I said above the Knights are great for practicing against and farming their equipment. What you do with levels depends on your play style. I usually go all out for endurance early because it helps you get that extra swing or two in and also helps you roll out of the way when you need it. Dex or strength depends on your weapon choice.

Yeah they do. If you go over the posts in this thread you’ll probably find some posts of mine where I bitched about this and some other things, like enemy combos that are too long, or enemies with infinite stamina. It feels like game wants to be BB but the old DS combat system can’t keep up.

Mind you, this is despite getting platinum on release. I love the series to death but I firmly believe it needs new leadership, Miyazaki lost his touch.

On my way to the Cathedral of the Deep something happened that I won’t spoil…but I was clearly overmatched, and ended up in a place I’m probably not supposed to be at yet. I’m super eager to get back there because it looks awesome, and has some deep lore implications for DS1. Need probably 5-10 more levels.

The Cathedral of the Deep is…challenging. A bit of a maze. But I’ve been lucky enough to find all the shortcuts, so I think i’ll be able to make good progress today.

Getting a little sick of the broadsword. Want to find something else to compliment it.

Such a great moment. I was having a rough time in the undead settlement, but seeing him lifted my spirits.

Does it…? insert thinking emoji

I noticed this with an axe guy who attacked five or six times in a row.

Nice Demon’s Souls callback on the trip to the Undead Settlement.

I’m not a Miyazaki fanboy like the rest of the Internet, but it’s definitely the series that’s getting tired, not the creator. He was smart to switch things up with Sekiro (though not as much as advertised) and this new game with a bigger world.

I agree with this. Depending on how the rest of DS3 plays out (and Demon’s Souls) my top three FROM games are probably going to be: Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro.

It’s a testament to the man in charge that he’s willing to stretch himself and his studio to develop new games/concepts, instead of just trotting out an endless stretch of Dark Souls sequels.

What other studio has this kind of track record with successive new IPs?

Agreed about the series. Still, this is a great game and I hope you all will allow yourselves to enjoy it without too much nostalgic mental tempering. I say that because I too felt DS fatigue later in the game when I first played it. It might not be as fresh as Demons’ or as memorable as DS1 but it is consistently good and more polished than either.

I didn’t get a chance to play last night, but this morning I played for an hour.

I went down the elevator shortcut I unlocked for the whole hour. I never did bank any souls. But I did manage to kill all the knights a few times. I only fought the red-eyed knight once, and had him down to about 10% of his health left until he finally caught me. He hits HARD. I didn’t see the point of trying to get him again since I’m not banking any souls anyway, so on the next run I just moved on. I got the banner, and then started making runs at the boss, or as the lady NPC called him, the great hound. This dog is so fun to fight. I love bosses that mostly have big telegraphed moves.

I love this psychological aspect of these games. If you just analyze these enemies from a gameplay perspective, they’re not that hard. Hmmm, let me wait until he commits, and then dodge, and then hit him, and then back off, etc. But it’s not just gameplay. There’s a huge freakin’ creature there who is screaming at you and jumping right toward you and I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t be dispassionately thinking about just gameplay at that second. I start to panic and react emotionally, and I start making mistakes. I also love that aspect of this game.

So yeah, I got him down to about 10% health also, like the red-eyed knight. But I haven’t beaten him yet. Hopefully I’ll get to play tonight. If not, he’s mine tomorrow morning! :)

When I beat the Orphan in Bloodborne, it was on an attempt where I just said, “Eh, I’m gonna die again, but let’s see how well this goes,” and when I started to get excited because I made it to “round 2,” I told myself again to calm down because I was just gonna die and this was exploratory only.

And then I won.

Yea, you really do need to put it off a bit. The enemies (well, some of them) ramp up quite a bit and the main boss is a real bitch.

Yea, this game does has some great original ideas but much of the game is a call back to the previous games. While some may not enjoy that I did.

Some of the toughest enemies in the game are the active loud ones. The guys in the Farron Swamp who jump at you and eat your head, the crazy guys in the Crucifiction woods with crosses on their backs etc. They are designed to make you panic.

Sometimes I find it easier to play with the sound off.

So I got into the Cathedral outskirts today, went into the DLC and got invaded. Almost beat the guy. I have a Lothric Knight Sword at lvl 3 infused with poison that works well in PvP. But I am still not quite deadly enough. I am trying to not level up too fast this time and so I have been putting souls into all kinds of weapons just to try them out. Fast weapons, that’s my thing.

I raw’d up my winblades because it gave a big dmg boost, and so I could put more points into vigor and end. Still shirtless.

EDIT: Took a break from the Undead Settlement to take out the master. Winblades are better than his sword at this point, but his clothes fit well.

Lookin good in the neighborhood.

The animation cancelling on those big guys in the Undead Settlement is very annoying. Shades of Orphan of Kos.

You look bad ass.

Falling damage seems pretty harsh compared to Bloodborne! I can barely fall off of anything without just straight up dying.