Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

Hi @Kolbex, you should post in this thread about Dark Souls Remastered instead of confusing us in the Dark Souls 3 thread. We promise we’ll read your posts here as well! :P

Lies.

I don’t care which you post in but I will try to remember to check both.

Fuckin’ ghosts.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup

Armed with 20,000 souls from somewhere, I decided to grab that crest from Andre and open the door in the garden. I needn’t have bothered, as it turns out, because despite several player signs warning me of “tears,” I only needed one shot at the thing behind the other door I prudently decided to forego the last time I was here. I thought maybe there would be another area, however brief, behind the crest door, but nope.

Did you take out the Butterfly?

(What feels like) ages ago. Did it before stumbling down into the catacombs, probably right after the gargoyles, actually. Maybe after Blighttown…I can’t be sure anymore. Lightning Spear made it a total joke boss. I remember it was much harder as a pure melee.

The tears are for the dog you murdered, not a warning of difficulty.

Bud, I’d do the same thing for a dog that came after me with a sword in real life, too.

Although I think that would be significantly harder to survive.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to by “the way you put her down”. I just kept hitting her with my mace same as everyone else until she dissolved. After, I got a ring which rang some bells, as I’m sadly not entirely unspoiled on the game. The thing is, how would you even know you needed this thing and where to get it? I have not yet been all the way to where you need it yet (fuckin ghosts), so maybe there is someone or something down there that spells it out for you?

How did I not even notice this? Whatever, dog, you started this, but I’m gonna end it.

Yea, she does. Limps and everything. But if you are trying to stay alive you see that as a good thing.

For me it was more like, “Is that it? Hmph. Nothin personnel, dog.”

Kinda lame how the very first thing that happens in the Nito fight is you take a ton of unavoidable damage from dropping down the big hole, then immediately take some more from the unavoidable toxic blade strike.

Edit: apparently it is technically avoidable, but I sure haven’t been able to roll out of it.

For me the Nito fight was always about managing the damn Skeletons. Avoid them and destroy Nito and the fight is pretty easy. IIRC a faith weapon (which I normally never build) works best against him.

Looking at the wiki he is weak to fire. My divine claymore +2 did not do much to him (but did keep his skeletons down), but I had plenty of time to pull the mace out while he was doing one of his big blasts and from there it was beatdown city.

On the one hand I am now clad entirely in the armor of the sun. On the other hand…sad.

Yea, I assume you found out the story line of the worlds greatest Sunbro?

He does have a temple kind of behind or under the dragon you meet early in the game.

Yes, that’s where I got my lightning spear from. However I despair of ever getting the Greater version.