DC Universe - Post your character

Figured a separate thread would be good so as to not clutter the roster or discussion threads. Pictures and fanciful backstories are welcome! F9 is the screenshot key on PC. I don’t know if PS3 players can take screenshots.

When the earnest voice outside Gilbert’s window told him he had been granted the power to bring his every thought to life, he just shrugged and turned back to his favorite FPS. Heroism was for losers, and he wanted to try out that new exploit. Engrossed in the game, he didn’t realize his mistake until it was too late, and the metal fingers had already closed around his throat. Now Gilbert is gone, and the villainous Aimbot stalks the streets of Gotham with its rifle and bizarre reality-bending “hax”. Citizens are terrified to walk down the streets at night, dreading to hear the indecipherable cries of “PWND!” and “DING LEVEL!”.

Nice! Love the chest emblem. Uh, here are my characters.

-Tom

Is it just me, or does your “upgraded” Superchick with new hair and glasses look like Palin?

The PS3 can’t do screenshots AFAIK, but I wish I had taken some pics of my characters from beta. Who would have thought the cowboy hat and scythe would be so stylish together.

Man, Aimbot is such an awesome awesome concept and look. Congrats, Daniel!

Here are my contributions to DCUO:

My main, Black Mass (hero). Basically he’s a robot powered by a black hole (ludicrous in concept, but thought it would be a good justification for the name). Melee / Fire.

…and my alt, PsiAGENT (villain). Russian secret agent (Rifle as my main weapon) with Telekinesis powers.

Cry for Blood PVP Villians

Burning Desire (Fire/Dual Wield)

Primal Will (Bow/Nature)

moar screens pleze

That’s Radioactive. He’s a fire based brawler hero. I based him on a hero I created when I was a kid and my brother and my friends and I used to draw our own comics. His back story was very cliched (accident at a nuclear reactor or chemical plant or something) but I was like 10 and I just wanted a guy like Superman. I did make up the name prior to the Simpsons’ introduction of Radioactive Man at least.

One interesting aspect of the game is that you continuously collect more pieces of gear to tweak the appearance (weapon and armour) of your hero, should you wish to. Some drop in missions, some are rewards and some are lucky finds in The Vault (a crazy game set up by The Joker where you try and break presents amidst bouncing balls before they are destroyed by bombs).

Galarin, My meleer has gotten some nice pieces there (except for the helmet which was a drop). And so he’s gone from this at creation:

to this:

I like the spiked Amazonian gauntlets I got in the vault today.

Galarin doesn’t really have a back story. He’s been, as a concept, a do gooder since he was first incarnated as a dwarf Paladin in Everquest in 1999. Since then, I’ve always had a grumpy Galarin to explore the world and take the hard knocks.

Wendelius

I like both of Galarin’s looks. The original looks like some dude who just put on his gym clothes or half a football uniform and started fighting crime, which is appealing as a concept to me. The new look definitely gets across the LOTR vibe.

I always try on the new style pieces I get for Radioactive, but I just like the slick (but pretty plain) look I started with. I have adjusted the colors a few times and I’m sure I’ll continue to do so.

Thanks. That’s pretty much how I started as a concept with him (dude who just put on his gym clothes and started fighting crime, as do gooders do). But I guess old habits die hard and so he’s turned into that fantasy fighter.

I’m like you for some of my other chars, MSUSteve. They had a stronger concept to start with and I don’t want to mess with their look or do anything contrary to their character.

Galarin is just a good case in point in how creating your char is potentially only the beginning.

Wendelius

I think both of Galarin’s looks are great, Wendelius. I really like how he went from scraping stuff together to some serious bad ass armor pieces. Armor just doesn’t fit my Radioactive concept, at least not right now. When I make a villain I plan to make someone much more elaborate who can take advantage of some crazy armor and style drops.

Black Mass, huh?

(Note: it’s almost IMPOSSIBLE to throw any two words together and NOT come up with a superhero name from the 80s/90s.)

Steelbeast.

Aw, man! And here I thought I was being original. At least I didn’t actually make him a black guy.

Instead you have a robot with the superpower of totally bitchin’ sideburns, which is awesome.

I love AIMbot. I knew AOL was evil. He should be able to text nearly 12% of the people online. Of course he is constantly beaten by the new wonderkin, Bookface who looks cooler and is a lot more popular.

Great, now I want to buy DC Universe just so I can create Bookface.

Totally bitchin’ sideburns are a side-effect of having a black hole implanted in your chest cavity, for sure.

Slice 9 (ice/dual wield hero) became a hero because of a homeopathic remedy whose water had once remembered being ice-9. Luckily the chain reaction responds to his ever-vigilant will, so he won’t destroy the world by stepping into any body of water! You can’t prevent yourself from being the epicenter of a world-freezing apocalypse without learning a little something about courage, so obviously the thing to do is to then pick up a pair of swords and fight crime.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die; to sleep…

She doesn’t know about the nobility thing, but making others die or at least sleep because of her arrows and slinging traps around, and thus end her troubles, well that sounds pretty okay to her. (She didn’t pay very much attention in English class.)

Outrageous Fortune, gadgets/bow villain.