DCS World

Cool deployment it is then, and after that memories of a hero, that sounds delightfully silly.

Aww yesss

Interested to see what you all might deem a thrilling trailer for the sim crowd:

Hilarious April 1st joke:

Operating the gear lever turns your left MFD into a slot machine.

That’s great! At least someone is keeping morale up in this clusterfark of a year.

Squadron Air to Air League:

Edit: sale going on right now as well. Looks like a major deal on the viper. $39.99 right now.

I am this close to signing up for the ‘merge for the cure’ tournament. But two small kids, no way I can keep the schedules and train for it.

Still, DCS as e-sports, sure why not :)

How small are the kids? I only have one who is 2.5 yrs and that has curtailed gaming significantly… That’s not to say I don’t adore the little guy. He is already very interested in Dad’s “ ‘pooter” - so there is hope I will have a little gaming partner a few years from now!

Three and six and mom’s working (almost) full time. This Corona shit has robbed me of most my screen- and VR time.

I sympathize! Although hopefully you have some economies of scale with your six year old helping out a bit with your three year old. Almost an ideal age gap! Your wife working on the Easter weekend?

My loving wife has carved out a little time for me this morning :-)

It’s a free month! now everybody gets to try putting 2000 pounders into the Las Vegas trump tower! Get to it!

Holy shit I’m in.

OK, I spent all of the wifes’ lunch break clicking together a simple airquake scenario. I’ll be hosting it this evening from about 2020-04-21T18:00:00Z2020-04-21T21:59:00Z

Look for schurem’s fight club in your server list. I might put a password on it if I get a rando problem with it. Have a look here for more info and comms.

One of you flight sim high rollers should try this out and report back: real-time chroma-keying in DCS.

Approx 6000 euros for the Varjo headset… ;)

Thats a bit rich for my blood lol.

I think I have just about enough free on my credit card. I can imagine spontaneously hitting that buy button. Why not, it’s so easy? Oh how that 15k spent would screw up my marriage! The world sure does make it easy to fuck yourself.

New HP Reverb coming out looks like a good candidate though. Practical side prevails once again… sigh.

Good man. You’d hardly have time to play with such a toy anyway.

All signs indicate that today is Hind day. Get your chopper on lads&ladettes!

I also updated the OP with some info on the new DCS trial system.