Dead Space (no spoliarz)

I’ll change his mind when he fixes his typo.

im helping

raw-2875199616

Wait this isn’t the gif thread!

I started playing this the other day as as part of my 1 month EA pro membership that I got for Jedi Survivor and PGA Tour. I think I’d really need to play this non stop to finish this in another day or so as I just started Chapter 3. I probably won’t make it all the way through.

This seems pretty solid and has great atmosphere. I’m playing on normal because I wanted at least a chance to finish the game and figured Hard would make it even more unlikely. I did die once when I panicked fighting in a room that went dark and a bunch of enemies came in. The difficulty as a whole on normal seems like it is just enough to keep it interesting. I do need to pay attention.

My one real complaint, which is probably unavoidable for this setting is how everyplace has pretty much looked the same. The game is appropriately creepy, without being scary.

Whoever designed the no gravity area during the sequence where you need to give 9 shots shouldn’t be allowed to design a level ever again. That was horrible. Other than that the game as been great. I think I’m towards the end of chapter 6. Still not sure if I’ll be able to finish before my subscription runs out…

I made it with either an hour to spare, or 25 hours to spare. Not sure what they mean when they say EA Play expires on the 26th - at the start or end.

I didn’t realize until the final battle that I can press B while not aiming to quick heal. I would always open the menu and use a health pack manually - which isn’t convenient during combat. I think the entire game I only healed outside of combat except for the final battle. I tried to heal and died, and figured there has to be a quick way to heal and low and behold there was :-)

I’d give this a solid 4 out of 5 stars. The story was good enough, atmosphere good and combat fun - until I fought the same enemies a ton of times and was ready to finish. Then I was cranky when another combat occurred. The only thing I really didn’t like was some of the no gravity movement and combat. I never really like that in games.