Dear Santa

What I want is
[ul]
[li]an RPG with, you know, RPG elements. Something beyond killing 10,001 skeletons to get to the boss skeleton, rinse, repeat. Please, fewer pointless combats.
[/li][li]a “4x”-style game that concentrates as much or more on the joy of exploration vs. making the AI ever more annoying. If I wanted a more detailed battle simulation, well, I’d buy a war game.
[/li][li]rapid unemployment for designers who favor console-style save mechanics. Honest, it doesn’t make me enjoy the game more to repeat the same 20-30 minutes over and over. Even repeating 5 minute segments is pretty damned annoying.
[/li][li]the willpower to avoid MMOGs. I never really enjoy them, but am often suckered by them. I don’t want to grind online with my friends.
[/li][/ul]

Thanks.

[quote=“Qenan”]
[li]a “4x”-style game that concentrates as much or more on the joy of exploration vs. making the AI ever more annoying. If I wanted a more detailed battle simulation, well, I’d buy a war game.[/li][/quote]

I just want a real Master of Orion 3. :(

–Dave

I wonder how Bioware’s Dragon Age will turn out. I’m not expecting much, but there’s a chance there that they’ll make a good RPG.

Barring that, I wish Richard Garriott would get back in to single player games.

Dragon Age? never heard of it… is it going to be PC??

speaking of which, when is NWN 2 coming out?

Yes, it’s PC. It was announced years ago, and people haven’t really heard anything since. Maybe at E3 this year.

I’d like a really perfectly made single-player FPS action-RPG in the vein of System Shock 2.

And if Santa is feeling ambitious, I’d like roughly the same thing transformed into a persistant-world MMRPG with an emphasis on PVP.

Thanks.

I just want developers to read the “Hakon speaks” thread and take something away from it. Even a single thing would be nice, like the icon-based conversation, which makes more sense to me the more I think about it.