Death, and Grief.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. I was 39 when my father passed in 2004. You’re right, that is young.

I’m so sorry; we al process grief in our own time and our own way. Give yours space and it will find you. In the meantime, just keep using the functionality your brain is providing to handle the day to day; the groundwork you can lay down now will be there for you when you’re less able.

I’m very sorry to read this. When my dad passed I too struggled with emotions for quite a while. I was in emotional shock and just didn’t know it. They came out slowly and even now I’m slow to process him being gone. It’s been 17 years? Now is a really good time to find someone to talk through things about the loss of your father and I’d recommend NOT doing what I did and trying to tough your way through it. Grief is hard and many of us actively avoid trying to process it.

Thanks for the thoughts and advice folks. I truly appreciate it

I just posted this in another thread, but it applies here too. Cheap and worth your time.

I really don’t have any advice, except to say I know how hard this is, and hope you realize you’re part of a family here. So I hope you don’t feel too alone.