Death Stranding doesn't just have Norman Reedus. It has everyone!

Wait, “Death” is “stranding” as in “weaving strands”, not as in “Death is stranding you somewhere”. That’s dumb. It’s even more engrishy than I thought.

So the game is a big empty post-apocalyptic landscape you have to traverse by stealthting around monsters to bring back supplies and you can plop objects into the world to help you. And there’s some kind of time travel element thrown in? Plus there’s also passive multiplayer involved of some sort?

It kinda feels like Kojima is making “his” version of Metal Gear Survive.

Obviously his take is batshit insane: a million digitized actors in a billion cutscenes, a 12 Monkeys WWI flasback, a baby you carry around as an extra life(?), Surge-like exoskeletons and some farfetched social message for good measure.

The ability to put ladders and ropes is what I find most interesting, IMO. Music sounds great. Still think this game could go either way.

Watching a trailer for a Kojima game is always a great experience. That was a treat!

Homo Demons?! Fuck yea. Be gay - do crimes.

I think I’m one of the minority that likes Metal Gear Solid best when it’s weird, so this is a day one purchase for me. I don’t think I’m excited about a walking simulator - but I’m in it for the insanity and premium cgi.

That is one of the weirdest games I’ve ever seen that I still have a desire to play.

Don’t shake the baby!

I’m trying understand this game. It’s an open world builder stealth metal gear like, where you have to carry a baby to see/sense evil alien beings from the upside down. You play Norman Reedus and carry a ridiculously sized backpack that produces even more ridiculously sized items like a 25 foot ladder and of course the whole thing will be some metaphor for human existance blah blah blah. Did I sum it up? The story sounds interesting, but the gameplay looks sooooooo terrible and boring.

You failed the Kojima test.

LOL. I sure did for this one. I’m still waiting for Snake to show up and say ha the Konami incident was just a great big mind fuck to so I could make something other than metal gear.

Yes, that’s a de-aged digital Lindsay Wagner

SNAKE! SNAAAAAAAKE!

What did they do to her gorgeous hair!

50 min gameplay video

Convolute or melodramatize much Kojima?

Awesome cast

I’ll probably pass on this for PS4 and go with PC next year.

I usually never say this, but I’ll probably do the same. The living room TV is much more at a premium now. If I got it for PS4, I’d never get to play it.

Reviews are mostly positive, but it also has an amount of reviews that weren’t much less positive (6/10)