Death Stranding doesn't just have Norman Reedus. It has everyone!

This actually isn’t true, although it is at the very beginning.

After you get a bit into the game, a lot of other stuff opens up.

Sure, but from what I’ve seen Carrying Shit is still a core part of the game.

Yeah, you are a ups dude.

I strongly disagree, you’re Uber Eat.

… and the Verizon guy, laying down FiOS cable.

Was it ever explained why there are no trees in game?

Actually I saw a video just now, and there are trees!

And a user posted a helpful tip I think for people playing stealthy:

Great tip for fighting MUEL’S stealthily - make a post pox outside of their area - store all cargo in a private post box. Head on into the camp (they won’t scan for you if you don’t have cargo) take them out one by one w/out anyone noticing <3

Five hours in, I think it’s… meh? I’m just in the first area and, as expected, cutscenes are numerous AND interminable and so far the only relevant gameplay element is holding L2 and R2 to maintain your balance. After you reach an area for the first time, the world gets polluted with other players’ stuff, which kinda kills the challenge and the mood. I’m on hard, but I’m not sure what’s that supposed to affect. Other than that, the game looks nice and I do get a little OCD kick after every delivery, as rote as it is.

It’s funny that Kojima’s visionary “stranding” system is… Dark Souls multiplayer. You’re an immortal Undead repatriate whose enemies are like you but have gone Hollow MULE and you get help from the other players in terms of the stuff/messages they leave behind.

America must be a really small country because I’ve walked a kilometer west to the third outpost and now I’m roughly in Kentucky.

It is a bit more in depth than dark souls though.

Oh, to be fair, it’s more involved. I mean, you actually get to build stuff for other players! I’m looking forward to see how it develops.

Still, I don’t like these systems too much in general. Feels… inconsistent. How much help is too much? I mean, the first river has three bridges and six ladders to cross it. A bit much? Should I go it alone or would it be too hard? Then again, you’ll see fewer packages and you lose out on levelling up your “social level” or something.

I must confess I’m a bit… skeptical about this.
If other players are doing it, it should be flooding with stuff? If there is a selection, why is it so that nonsensical stuff aren’t showing. If it’s all based on likes, first come first serve is it?
In Dark Souls, pretty much only the trap warnings and inuendo jokes were making it.

To be fair though, those are all from npcs.

I assume there is a system in place that shows you some of other people’s creations but not all? Otherwise the game will soon be way too easy and littered with player objects.

I mean, there must be! I’d be curious to see how it works, though.

The game says you get to see more of the stuff from people you “liked”. Also, you supposedly can “tag” other players to see their stuff, but I don’t see what button to press in that menu.

Also, player-created objets wear out with time. I suspect they created the whole “magic sci-fi rain makes stuff age quickly” just to give some kind of in-game logic to the mechanic.

That part is kinda silly in that they don’t abstract distances at any point.

From the East Coast to Minnesota is like 2.6km or something silly. Kojima seems to vastly misunderstand how big America is.
The entire continent of North America is apparently smaller than Liechtenstein.

The unrealistic scale doesn’t even register in the top one billion most weird things about this game.

Yes you will regret typing this when it is revealed that this is Prometheus time earth and that you are actually seeing the downfall of the race of biblical giants.

True, it’s just an odd choice.

A streamer was describing the game setting and threw in a “and apparently all this caused the United States to shrink, significantly”. Which honestly, makes as much sense as anything else in the game.

Still it is kind of weird that the entire US is supposedly contained in an area smaller than the distance from where I live to a small town nearby. It’s 5 miles to that town, but at the rate I’ve seen the entire US is going to be like 5 km across.

Honestly, i dunno if it’s even supposed to actually be the US in our world.

I wouldn’t worry: if Kojima is still Kojima, it will be alluded to multiple times, and then slowly explained for all the people who didn’t pay attention.

Yeah, it could all be Sam’s beach or a simulation or heaven or hell or God-only-knows-what. When you go full Kojima nothing is off the table. I just find it kind of funny.