DEATHLOOP by Arkane Lyon

You do love Antihero. 😉

It was mentioned in one of the reviews that the AI for the rival assassin is comically bad so she is never a real threat…Maybe you really do need a real human controlling her always for her character design/threat to actually work.

The instant vanishing bodies is an odd choice. I guess they didn’t want the player to have to worry about having to hide bodies to maintain stealth.

FYI this just showed up on Humble Store as a pre-order with the 20% off for subscribers.

I’m only seeing a 10% choice discount. How do you get the other 10%?

:O

They dropped it to 10% now, bastids.

The infusing SUCKS. I got a slab, plenty of residuum, and somehow after I left the zone (not the entire day) I was back down to zero. To hell with this shit.

I’m really pissed off right now because due to the nature of this game this means you basically can lose all your progress.

Is that a bug? Sounds like a bug to me.

I think so? You’re supposed to be able to spend residuum between missions, to save items and abilities so they last through the loop. I had like 16k residuum and somehow dropped down to zero. This basically means that I’ll need to go kill a visionary again, which is like an hour of gameplay. And then what if the residuum doesn’t save again? I’m leaning strongly towards “screw this fucking game”.

Maybe you’re missing the patch that stops messing w/ impatient VPN gamers.

Flippin’ Kiwi’s.
;-)

Shrug. It pisses me off enough to never play this game again.

I did pre-order this game, but your experience is kinda my fear. I mean, the only way to beat the game is to play it start to finish without dying? Can you save while alive if you need to put the game down?

Nope. The game only saves in between missions. If you need to leave your computer or console, just leave the game running. I think PS5 has fast-resume so that would work too.

You’re supposed to be able to save items and abilities across loops (each loop is separated into morning, noon, afternoon, and night, and all the zones are different in each time period) but that’s what broke for me.

Time progressess when you travel across zones? If you lost your loop carry-over resources just moving between zones in the same loop that does look like a bug. A bad one.

Or maybe it could only be a UI bug and all your resources are still waiting for you at the end of the loop? No clue.

Yes it progresses when you change zones and I lost it in the middle of the day.

That would be a pretty crappy bug, but if they aren’t gone I wouldn’t give up on the game. It’s excellent. But losing progress makes me feel like never playing it again.

Maybe mono is right? Might be best to hold back judgment until after the game officially releases.

It officially released at 8AM PT, I’m not playing a leaked copy or anything.

Well so far I am liking it a lot, only visited the location in Updaam so far, like an hour in.

Thanks for beta-testing this game for the rest of us.

I’m living in Hobbiton no we don’t live in actual Hobbiton, which is a tourist trap anyway. While I have an urge to play it eventually I have no particular urge to play this on Day 0/1. Bugs etc. And that full price, ouch.

ALT+TABing out of game caused my sound to never return, but a restart fixed it.