DEATHLOOP by Arkane Lyon

I will not be surprised if new consoles do not ship until spring 2021. I really think that’s still possible.

Yeah, with all the exclusives (timed or no) getting pushed back, will either console have much?

Given how reluctant either manufacturer is to put a price on their device, I wonder if they’d actually be happy about a delay.

The problem seems to be manufacturing isn’t happening for the old devices so they may have no choice but to sell these new ones.

COVID is certainly to blame as they probably way outsold expectations this spring and that’s leaving the channel bare.

That seemed to have a bit of Hitman influence, with the part of doing actions to change npcs behavior that allows you to kill two targets in one go.

Yeah, this I like… Hitman opportunities! Or, uh, they’re called stories now I think?

05/21/21

The end of that trailer says it’s a 1 year console exclusive.

Since it will be on PC during that year, and they’re owned by Microsoft, I hope the game is on Game Pass for PC.

Trailer… 3.

That song is just great.

Oh yes! FJØRA ! Someone to keep an eye on, I am sure.

Good trailer. Although I find amusing they go to lengths to do a new IP with a different style, but they still have magicks just like in Dishonored and the exact same blink ability,.

Very cool. A James-Bond-Title-sequence-like trailer.

Three trailers in and I still have no idea WTF sort of game this is supposed to be. It’s almost like Arkane is afraid that if they actually explain it, nobody will like it.

It’s Hitman meets Dishonored meets Outer Wilds (WILDS, not Worlds).

I suppose I should try Outer Wilds one of these days. After Underworld Ascendant I have a very bad impression of games built around revisiting the same levels over and over.

I’ve been playing it lately and it’s brilliant. I’m the guy who normally hates ticking clocks and “backtracking” in games, but in the case of Outer Wilds it’s fantastic because of how it frames it, and of how the gameplay is designed and “arranged”.

Here is Dinka Bakaba explaining it