DEATHLOOP by Arkane Lyon

I’m not seeing a lot of people posting their favorite Photo Mode shots here. I guess they’re all busy getting the composition just right.

-Tom

Fancy! Is that the Dutch angle I’ve been hearing so much about lately?

I was thinking it was a statement on climate change.

Somehow I totally missed that this is set in the Dishonored world. Might be fun to replay with that in mind.

Huh? Is this actually true?

The dueling pistols at the end are the same guns with the same markings as Dishonored, and there is a lot that implies Blackreef is part of Tyvia.

A more detailed breakdown is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathloop/comments/pqc06b/deathloop_lore_explanation_and_theories/

I haven’t played Deathloop but the trailers come off as very 1960/70s? Dishonored is like the 1700s with higher technology, supernatural magic and shit. I guess it could be the same universe but moved into the future.

Oh, yeah, it’s a hundred years or so beyond the other games.

Preload available on Xbox Game Pass now.

Sept 20th launch.

More info - along with coming to Game Pass, all platforms will receive a “Golden Loop” update which will provide a new ability, new weapon, new upgrades, an extended ending, and crossplay across all platforms.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/E1GQNUk9ARha3zDoIkuTM/deathloops-free-goldenloop-update-new-ability-weapon-crossplay-and-much-more

I paid full price for it, but I didn’t love Deathloop. I want Arkane making Dishonored 3 or Prey 2, not weird roguelikes, shitty Wolfenstein spinoffs, or whatever Redfall is, a multiplayer shooter, I guess?

They nailed the voice actors and direction, though. Amazing characters in Deathloop. Certainly worth a shot on game pass.

I bought a new PC for Deathloop. I both liked it and was disappointed by it. There’s a huge gulf between how the game pitches its systems and how those systems actually play.

I adored Deathloop. While I like discovering things in games, I liked that this one just laid it all out for you. You still planned a run (“What am I going for this time?”), but every time you found some new piece of the puzzle for a perfect loop, your character and mission log noted that. So you still got to feel awesome when you executed a perfect loop, even though you were more or less being lead by the nose through it. It’s like the game had standard mission objectives, but you had to find out what they were, so by the end you had a “regular” game. Something about that combo really appealed to me. It was less stressful\difficult than other games of its type, so it was like an approachable version of those.

Diff’rent strokes, I really didn’t enjoy playing through the exact same levels so many times. Two is really my limit in a single-player game.

I liked that the maps had different levels of accessibility depending on the time of day, so each map was really like 4 maps with different paths available.

Yeah, except it was in fact the same map. That sort of thing is exactly what I disliked about DL.

I didn’t mind Deathloop. I just think a similar premise was done better by Arkane in the Mooncrash DLC.