Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

Hazard 2 is where the cool kids hang out. ;)

I mostly do missions mining morkite and hoping for a good haul of gold. I have a ton of hats and beards to still unlock. :)

Gunner is the only class I haven’t promoted once yet.

The game has a nice streak of roguelite that makes it very replayable, imo. Each mission can vary in:

-the cavern itself (random), and with different complexity/length ratings
-the chosen biome, each with unique mechanics (crystal that shoot lightning, radioactive zones, flora that explodes, snow storms, etc)
-primary objective
-secondary objective
-machine event, if any
-mutators, both warnings (like shield disruption or haunted cave) and anomalies (like volatile guts or rich atmosphere)

Then of course, you have the four classes with different selection of unique weapons, upgrades and perks.

Haunted Cave is the worst. :)
Along with low O2 missions.

thought they would add boss fights before the game released.

I never heard of this game until this weekend. As soon as I saw the videos I clicked buy as I’m always looking for fun games to play with my daughter. We played for a few hours and I think this may be one of our favorite co-op games. Everything about the game is just fun with all the BS cut out. The mining is fun. The exploring is fun. The fighting is way more fun than I thought it would be. At one point she was digging in front of me and punched through the floor falling like 200 feet to her death. I haven’t laughed so hard in a while. And we’re just still on the start missions.

So far my go to character is the scout. I love the flare and his gun seems to work well enough for me. I hate mini guns so the gunner is my least favorite.

Scout is really good. don’t worry about switch classes. its good to get one to promotion asap. scout is good for MP because of the lights as well.

Awe yeah!

3-14-2020 12-22-25 AM

Good job! I got it the past week, and yesterday I played successfully my first 3 Hazard 5 missions.

I discovered this site where you can see detailed stats for weapon builds
https://surmiran.github.io/karl/

Good find. Thanks!

Update 29

Have they redone the Perk system yet or is that still being worked on?

They re-did the perks 2 or 3 months ago.

Cool, thanks!

One day: “Hazard 4 already lost its thrill, it’s too easy, I should play Haz5 more.”
The next day: /loses 3 Hazard 4 games in a row…

Sometimes you just end up on a crap team, last night we had a scout who couldn’t use his flare gun properly the entire round, 90% of what he fired off didn’t stay in the rock.

Couldn’t see shit for like half the expedition, lol.

I think the main difference, apart from other players, is how hard to traverse the terrain is. It isn’t the same having a nice open plain than having a very uneven terrain full of vertical rocks, chasms, hazards like magma, etc.

This game is a bit more grindy than what I thought it was gonna be. 120 hours and I still don’t have all the weapon upgrades. Then again, that’s because I spent resources in overclocks.

Helped out some new players tonight, they sure did get incapacitated a lot.

Gold Rush + Pots o Gold. All over my tits.

20K credits (!), 240 jadiz, 150 bismor.

In fact I just finished getting all the normal weapon upgrades, in 125 hours of play (+ two 2-star dwarves, +2 1-start drwarves, +36 overlocks).