Deep thoughts...

It’s Melon Farmers if anyone gets that reference.

You would never cap a medical doctor or a mountain biker, or a melon farmer. That’s the clue. It’s something or a people that gets a chilly head, so it’s obviously Mountain Climbers.

Answer: It’s Midlanders. Cap all those bastards! Stupid Manchester and whatnot! Chavs, the lot of them!

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it.

They also say everybody is entitled to their opinion. Not so, They’re entitled to an informed opinion.

Do dogs look at German Shepherds and think “Oh shit, it’s the cops!”?

No, they are more “Lassie faire”

What did a tornado sound like before freight trains were invented?

My ex-wife snoring.

Yes, but the common man would not know that as a frame of reference.
I hope.

The sound of the Devil on Earth?

I’ll tell you this: I am thankful to have never had a girlfriend that snored as loud as a tornado.
Anger? Yes. Some women I have feared more than a tornado.
Snoring loudness? No.

You never met my ex. Her evil transcended time and space. Also her snoring. I still hear it sometimes. Taunting me. Reaching for me.

You’re not exactly making me want to.

I actually had the same issues with my ex-wife. She was the princess and the pea when it came to her sleeping, but snored like an Albanian Bricklayer who just drank a bottle of Vodka and passed out.

Nor should you. If her gaze turns your way, you will know. By the sound of thunderous snoring. And the whining as of the Hounds of Tindalos needing to go out and poop.

Okay. Next time I hear what I think is a tornado, I will be watchful for the gaze of Medusa.

Dunno 'bout tornadoes, but descriptions of Hurricane winds in the 17th and 18th centuries talk of the sound of packs of wolves howling.

She should look that good. Oy.

LOL. We are in agreement. I can relate.
EDIT: To be fair, I can only speak that way of the one I know as “The Red-Headed She-Demon From Hell”. We dated for a stormy four months back in 1988 I believe.

All my other exes I think have turned out pretty normally (that I know of).

But this one; she knew how to push your buttons. I’m normally very calm; it takes a lot to piss me off. But I swear, she had it down to an art form, and could have me screaming at her in just a few minutes. Never experienced anything quite like that before or since.

A few years ago, she was in the paper, as her then-boyfriend had become enraged at her, and went out to sleep in his van. She called the cops, claiming he had had a knife to her throat (which I don’t doubt), and awaited the results.

The cops came. One of them went to the van and knocked on the door to talk to him. But the dude had a gun, and fired a shot, killing the cop. This was a cop I knew. When I was in my teens, he had pulled me over because my tires were too wide, and gave me a warning. As I was leaving the patrol car, he said, “And hey. Lay off the booze, will ya?” Really easy-going cop. He got a lot tougher as the years passed, but I was genuinely saddened that he was now dead.

Now, the dude that killed him was obviously unstable, but the real reason this happened was because she pushed his buttons. That’s my gut feeling from knowing her, anyway.
I’m having difficulty finding the newspaper article now. Probably just as well, as her real name would be there.

EDIT #2: Aw, what the hell. I found the story in a book. The story actually begins one page before the one linked, and is a bit different than I remembered it.